looking for a better company

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Chewy352, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Chewy352

Chewy352 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Enid, OK
    Well I reached a years experience. Looking for a company that can get me home weekly, decent pay, and affordable family insurance.

I'm located in Enid OK. I have pulled a reefer and flat. I would prefer no touch freight but will do whatever I need to to meet the above needs. I had a roll over 4 months into my experience 18 months ago and 8 months safe after the accident. I was not cited so it's not on my mvr but it is on my dac. I also have all my endorsements.

I am currently with a decent paying flatbed company but I can't afford $900 a month for family insurance. If I have to I could stick it out a year but would prefer to find a better company for long term.

What companies do you know of that might take me?

No need for Chinatowns list. I already have it saved lol. Looking to move above that if possible.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    wow $900 a month in insurance

You're what? 90 miles from OKC?
    I'd look for an LTL company around there. Some union ones pay for family health insurance like ABF last time I checked.

Chewy352 Thanks this.
  4. Chewy352

Chewy352 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Enid, OK
    We have a fed ex yard in enid. I'm applying for all the local gigs I can. Pepsi and coke don't pay well in that are $12 to 13 an hour. I've got an interview with a beer distributor whenever I get in town.

5. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Union LTL companies pay $70k+ per year with great benefits

Others like Old Dominion don't have the union benefits but pay is very high.

Chewy352 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.