Looking For A CB Shop

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Nitemare13, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Rabbi, what is the turn around time if I was shipped my Galaxy Pluto to cb fine tune radio from So.Cal. ? My radio is doing a fine job and always has since Chris Holland installed the RFX75 and aligned it(RFX75 was install cause the stock finals where shot). Just curious.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I have no idea I've never shipped anything out there I always try to do it in personQUOTE="Diesel Dave, post: 4998407, member: 37930"]Rabbi, what is the turn around time if I was shipped my Galaxy Pluto to cb fine tune radio from So.Cal. ? My radio is doing a fine job and always has since Chris Holland installed the RFX75 and aligned it(RFX75 was install cause the stock finals where shot). Just curious.[/QUOTE]
    I

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I think he's pretty quick

5. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Well, DTB is on my route, so I'll have him Peak,Tune, and align my virgin DX959. It's at 3.5w/12w/ssb.

What I found odd is I called Galaxy, and it's a tech there that takes care of my issues. I called because I have higher SWR with my meter taken out of the line than with it in, a difference of 1swr. From 1.3 to 2.5. It seems this high SWR only happens in and around my GF house with underground electrical wires.

Anyway, he didn't seem too much concerned with that, but offered to tell me where to turn my pots to peak my radios power and modulation. I asked him did I need a scope to make sure everything was clean he said no. I told him, I'd call him back on that one. But, I'd rather DTB do it right, since I know he won't butcher the radio by clipping and snipping, or removing parts. I'm not sure I even want the radio peaked all the way up to 30-40 watts. I want to see how well I receive and get out, with legal power. Right now, it's a little underpowered, but I like that no one has been in the box, but Galaxy.

6. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    If Dave goes through that radio I'm sure it will be fine when he gets done with it. And the guy that told you to start twisting screws and turning Potentiometers doesn't really have a clue if he thinks you can do it without a scope.
    Even the guys that have the proper test equipment if that bench isn't perfectly aligned to a single frequency they still won't be able to get it quite as good as mine but it will still be better than most.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Watch "BRITISH BULLDOG#48,JELLYBELLY,88 MOHAVE,AND OTHERS" on YouTube

Here's another one of Marks Customers (British Bulldog) in California talking on his barefoot radio to a guy in Mississippi with an Electro Voice 602t microphone that I wired for him.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Reason for edit: Mississippi
  8. ChetsJug

ChetsJug Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2014
    GA I-75 exit 201, inside the Loves Parking lot (You can also see it & walk from the Hess. Ladds Electronics. Ladd sold and retired the radio game but 2 or his techs live on. I prefer Marcus who last I heard works only Saturdays and Mondays. Then there's the grumpy old man who seems to piss allot of people off. He's a hall of a radio man though. Just remember he's in full time sarcasm mode lol. Grumpy's son came on board and is pretty good too.

On I-40 in OK exit 287 is a white barn nest to the fwy. Jason is a Ranger Dealership and has Okie cheep prices on everything. He sells new and used radios, but big radios is his specialty. He can make um talk cor sure. He also does those problem radios others cant seem to figure out whats going on. Just leave it with him a month and he'll tinker in his spare time.

What I like is if he can't do anything with it he will tell you right away. And he wont charge you cor a radio he cant fix like other snake oil peddlers.

Nitemare13 Thanks this.
  9. kathousemouse

kathousemouse Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Nashvegas
    Best CB shop is the 440 CB shop in Baxter TN....

10. coffee mug

coffee mug Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    petro effingham, illinois installs a 100 watt linear in cobra 29 cb radios. connex 3300 high power recieves farther than a cobra 29. if you get lost and someone is giving you direction, their signal wont fade off as quickly

11. Beighley02

Beighley02 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Look I understand that mark is a great tech but until he cools his attitude and the fact that it is a super secret on how to get ahold of this guy to get a radio worked or it is not a radio with sideband so he dont want to work on it it is virtually useless to keep preaching about how good he is I mean I have tried to reach this guy on facebook 4 times over the last 4 months which is his "supposed" way of business contact and got no reply or phone call to the number I supplied him with

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.