looking for a company in the fuel business for new driver in Co

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by J0ker13, Nov 12, 2015.

1. FuelGuy1203

FuelGuy1203 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Just study the book and you'll have no problems. Its not that bad at all

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I don't know where you drivers come from that think it's easy to get hired on a gasoline company. I know of no one that does it regularly. Sure there are some that will make a special hire if they need someone and like the driver. It's happened before but I can tell you from experience it's very rare and not one major oil company will do it. Ask yourself why they should. If it's a good company they most likely have a lot of applications. And some of them are drivers that's been doing it for years and have a clean record. Why do you think a company would give you a shot and not someone with gasoline experience? Your instructor is not telling the truth or simply doesn't know. And that goes for the drivers that believe it's simple. It's not and do us all a favor and don't speak out of turn.

4. FuelGuy1203

FuelGuy1203 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015

Very true with the major oil companies. Better off winning the lottery, lol! I'm not sure where he is located but with you and I being on the West Coast we both know he can get on with a common carrier like Williams or Kag (just an example for our area and I worked for Williams) with no fuel experience as long as he has 2 years verifiable driving experience. I can't speak for a common carrier in his area though, but there has to be one. Bottom line for him is that he has to get some experience in and then apply at a common carrier fuel carrier. As for him getting his Haz-Mat, he just needs to study the book in his state because at the end of the day nobody is going to take the test for him.

5. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    KAG, Loves(hire from approved schools) guy on here got hired out of sage school, pilot, Sinclair, Star, Solar, groendyke, bunch of other ones I can't think of. There is a lot here. Don't know which would hire inexperienced except Loves. Look into non hazmat to get tanker experience like dry bulk or dairy.

6. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Really depends on the area. You pointed out Solar and here in Los Angeles they are Exxon's private fleet, very hard to get on with, have a waiting list.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.