Looking for a company that can accommodate my needs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dsj3696, Aug 1, 2015.

1. dsj3696

dsj3696 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Hi, I'm Daniel. I'll try to keep this as short as possible.. I have a CDL with 1 yr 9 mos verifiable exp over the past 7 years but NONE that's verifiable within the past 5 yrs. I have Tankers, Doubles/Triples endorsements (no hazmat, I let it go a few years ago. But I don't mind getting it if necessary)

I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area and I'm looking for anything that has good pay (around $1000/wk) and be home every week (Eg: Terminal to terminal, line-haul, regional, dedicated, LTL, or even local) I'm trying to avoid OTR because I know it fluctuates in both time off, miles, and pay with most companies. However, I don't mind putting in some OTR with a company that's willing to switch me over after about 6 months or so.

I also don't mind the following: having to retrain/ride with a trainer, etc. Driving flatbed, reefer, dry van, tanker, intermodel, etc. And I don't really care what I'm hauling or where I'm hauling to.. I'd rather not drive in NYC or North East if preventable, but I'm willing to do what I have to do if it meets my criteria.

I've already called over 20 companies and looked into about a dozen more, but I'm trying to look under as many rocks as possible. I know my location is a good one, I've heard this over and over when calling these companies. It's just a matter of finding the little guys, too and researching as many as I can to make sure I have the right one for me.

I appreciate your time and answers. I'm sorry it was so long.. just wanted to give as much info as possible to give everyone a well-rounded view of what is involved.

Thanks again,

Daniel

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Ask not what your company can do for you, ask what you can do for your company

lagbrosdetmi, passingthru69 and n3ss Thank this.
  4. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    if you have already made that number of calls, what else are they telling you?

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  5. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Western Express has Satellite TV and automatics. What more could a newbie want?

77smartin Thanks this.
  6. ZhenyaP1991

ZhenyaP1991 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2014
    CR England!! I hear people making 100k a year over there

77smartin, freightwipper and HorseShoe Thank this.
  7. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    If you had even six months verifiable I could help. I live in DFW. You could call up Schneider Bulk, drive a tank for a year or so and then switch. Bought the only decent option you have. I would have recommended calling companies but it looks like you did that already.

8. dsj3696

dsj3696 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2015
    I have about 3 companies that come close to what I'm looking for. But most of the ones who have what I'm looking for require more experience.. which is why I'm trying not to leave any rocks unturned.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  9. dsj3696

dsj3696 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Smh...

10. dsj3696

dsj3696 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2015
    I called them. Not interested. Besides, I don't want an automatic. I can drive a standard. I've stated what I was looking for already. In case you missed it, a satellite TV and automatic weren't in my list.

11. dsj3696

dsj3696 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Thanks for your reply. The first one that actually touched on my situation. The rest seem like they're just trying t add to their post count. Schneider is actually one of the 3 who have something like I'm looking for. I'm definitely keeping them in mind. BTW, if I had the 6 mos exp, what would you suggest?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.