Looking for a good car hauling job that's willing to train.

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Jose5.9cummins, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Jose5.9cummins

Jose5.9cummins Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Hi, I'm currently looking for a car carrier job. I have 2 and a half years with my cdl and have done hauled flat bed, step deck, dump truck, vacuum truck, crude oil truck, Dry Van, and reefer. I just went back home to Miami Florida after working in the oilfields in new Mexico and texas for about a year. I am looking to relocate into car hauling because dry Van and reefer are to lay back for me, i am energetic and like working. I am looking for good people to work with and for and be there for a long time. Please feel free to contact me at my cell# 786-457-5834 my name is José

(Please excuse the poor grammar I'm doing this off of a phone and the Internet isn't really my thing)

SOLID C0LD Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jose5.9cummins

Jose5.9cummins Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2015
    also I am willing to relocate and am very flexible, very mechanically inclined and bilingual, have a clean license with tanker and hazmat endorsements. Please any help or advice will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4. SOLID C0LD

SOLID C0LD Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    hola amigo! i was going to make the same post except i don't got enough experience. there's a company that'll train [Hansen & Adkins] but i don't know if they're in your area. google should help get u started, & i think any company has to train since most requirements are only @ least 1 year verifiable OTR experience. i only know 1 company that claims they'll hire inexperienced drivers only if they're graduates of an accredited truck school, but it's hard to get hired there & i hear they're union. i was told to stay away from unions. u having @ least 2 years experience is an automatic hire if u apply to the right place & are consistent in following up. i called & left a message

5. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Out of curiosity.... What's wrong with the Union companies?

6. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    JMN where I work Trains as long as you have Driving Exp.
    Far as who is best thats up to the driver they all want something different.

7. SOLID C0LD

SOLID C0LD Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    despite u not quoting me, as a 1 time courtesy i'll reply. i heard they're like corporate bullies & they can have their way with companies they deal with, doing inhuman things like getting unfair extra money from them & having them wait for service while they work @ their pace, without being told otherwise. im young, so if u're older than me, u should know way more! however, im a firm believer in believe nothing without proof. if u google is union good or bad, u can read about what's similar to what i heard. let me know what u think

8. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I've worked under a Teamsters contract for a while now. Was wondering wherein lies your worries and woes.Did a bit of car hauling a while back also, and can say I dont think I'd go the non union route again. Anyway, my question was.not to spark debate, was genuinely interested why the opposition. Your response made no sense to me, but I can't call it. Good luck in whatever it is your looking for, son

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    already gone Thanks this.
  9. redimpss5

redimpss5 Light Load Member

May 5, 2012
    Hayward Ca.
    Jose, one of the small problems you may have to recruiters, is you have to many jobs in a small amount of time. I have in the last two years, 2 years of reefer time, but no dry van time, so to speak, and this raises red flags to new jobs.

10. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    There is a school for car hauler training in Florida. They are associated with the autohaulersamerica.com. I believe they train experienced cdl A drivers and match them to companies looking for new drivers. You shouldn't have any problem getting a shot since most carriers in car haul are short drivers. Check out Proficient in Jacksonville or JMN that would get you started. Jack Cooper has been looking for drivers in Buffalo NY for several months and have had difficulty getting any that work out. Good luck and don't give up. It is a very lucrative career.

CT-Driver860 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.