Looking for BETA testers for Border information app

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Jcoulter, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Jcoulter

Jcoulter Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Hi,
    Looking for BETA testers for a new mobile app for Android users, IOS to come later.
    The app currently provides border crossing information (wait times, lanes open for various lane types), also uses google maps to provide the turn by turn driving directions.
    More features for the future might include predictive analysis on when you should cross as well as more accurate wait times once a community is providing more accurate data.
    The current wait time data is based on what is provided by Government of Canada and CBP in the US and as you probably know if you travel across the border not always accurate.
    Let me know if you're interested, I'll add you to the BETA list and provide with information on how to download it from Google Play Store.
    I'm looking for people to use the app, field test it and help define what features get developed next.
    Thanks,
    Jay

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. miakica

miakica Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Great White North
    I tried the app, and it works pretty good on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4,and on my Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Only thing that I may suggest, is that you somehow incorporate tolls on crossings that require toll, like Blue water bridge, peace bridge, Queenston Lewiston bridge, and 1000 Island bridge.
    I don't know much about programing, nad I don't know how hard or easy it would be to do, but I think that it would help a lot on the border crossings that are used occasionally.
    Finally, once your app is out of beta, or if you decide to charge for it, I am ready to pay or donate
    Thanks and keep up the goodwork

4. pmcfee

pmcfee Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Border Buddy already exists. Why reinvent the wheel?

5. Jcoulter

Jcoulter Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Hey pmcfee, there are a couple different ones out there... I guess if I were to follow your logic why would anyone come out with competitive products in any market...
    Do you use Border Buddy? What things do you like about it? Dislike?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.