Looking for Company sponsored school for PA resident

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Enovvy, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Enovvy

Enovvy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Celadon did me dirty, now I need to find a new training program. I've applied to Swift, but the school near me wants you to pay for everything upfront and that's not current financial situation.

All positive suggestions are welcome.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Earl Henderson Trucking = no cash needed for the school. Maybe need some cash for the permit, but not sure. Info is on their website.
    Meals, hotel, transportation to the school furnished.

SHOJim and Enovvy Thank this.
  4. Enovvy

Enovvy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2014

Thanks Chinatown, but need it to be as all inclusive as possible.

Swift is charging for DOT exams now too... The recruiter said " they were backed up and had to use a third party" about $200

5. Dakota1358

Dakota1358 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Staunton,Va
    Not being disrespectful but if you can't scrap up some money to get you started going to school and paying for dinner and odds and ends your probably better off getting a part time job and saving some money up.I've seen many people start off with no money and 2 weeks or so of training to get your license before you make a paycheck puts them over the edge.You'll be advancing more money just to keep afloat than you should and be in the hole for awhile once you do get rolling.

You have to figure 2 weeks to get your license at most company schools and I don't think they pay you for that.Then you go with a trainer for what 4 or 5 weeks making what $500 a week?You'll be advancing money to get food for the time on the road and other necessities.Then you may have to send money home so if your married can either one of you live on that for a week for 5 weeks straight?

Again not trying to be mean but have seen and heard many a driver digging a deep financial hole because they weren't prepared for the hit you take training.Then they blame the company for not giving them enough miles to pay their bills.

FozzyNOK, BuckeyeKev and Sneakerfix Thank this.
  6. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    You're in PA you will need to pay for your DOT yourself look around may find it for $150. Swift will pay for you bus ride and motel that's all during your training. You will need to bring cash for the 3 weeks to eat or go to Walmart and buy some bread and P&G and tuff it out if this is what you want.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Henderson pays for all that.

Sometimes the state has funds to pay for CDL school through the unemployment office.

Enovvy and Sneakerfix Thank this.
  8. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    And that's his best choice of swift is saying he has to pay for the DOT. Seems like he wants Everything free but at the end the more you get free the more you have to pay back once your finished

9. Enovvy

Enovvy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2014
    #blocked Dakota...whatever

I'm looking for CONSTRUCTIVE input.

If you can't keep it positive, keep it moving.

10. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Look into Maverick.

Enovvy Thanks this.
  11. Enovvy

Enovvy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Will do..

Thank you

SHOJim Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.