Looking for Company Suggestions in my area

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bluess, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Bluess

Bluess Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I am currently researching companies in my area that may be a fit for a student driver. I retire soon and will be either going to a private school or a company school. I have not decided which to do as of yet. The biggest problem is finding a "starter company" that hires in my area and can get me home.

Google searches and other sites have not revealed much right now. I reside in way northern New York up by the Canadian Border. LTI is out of Potsdam NY but don't take the students, and Bumble Bee is out of Champlain but require the exp.

I have seen that many of you have quite a bit of knowledge and was wondering what you may be able to suggest for this area. I have 3 kids I would like to get home every once in a while and don't have a problem being out. After 20yrs I'm ready to move on and continue to support the family.

Any help or thoughts would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    If you're going to retire soon then take a break. You earned it!

G.Anthony and Bluess Thank this.
  4. Bluess

Bluess Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Thanks HorseShoe, I would love to take a good break, but I'm always on the go so I don't know if I could take the time of doing nothing, although I do have a ton of sheet rock work to do at the house lol.

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  5. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    then come over to my house as well. you can use my spare room till the work he is done. i got an old 1860 3 family Victorian that needs work..how much work...??

well like a trucking company recruiter......i'll say this.....enough to keep you busy and rolling in the mud (sheet rock) mud that is....

oh yeah, and like a trucking company, i pay well,........well i pay by the mile.....(sheet rook mile that is)...........10¢ per mile of sheet rock.......!!!!!

by this time next year, you would have earned all of about $3.89......

oh yeah, and you'll have to be a 1099 employee as well......

here i am looking forward to retirement, and chucking it all in........and you wanna get back to work...????

one of us is nuts.......

Mr.X and HorseShoe Thank this.
  6. Bluess

Bluess Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Upstate NY

That's exactly what I have an old 1800's farm house. Took 7 ton of plaster to the dump myself from the walls to relieve the weight on the old house.

I think that your recruiting pitch needs a little more, is there detention pay in that?

:)

7. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    yes, there IS detention pay....

you get detained, you pay me.........

8. HorseShoe

Jun 29, 2015
    Don't firget to treat him like a lease operator. Buy a crappy tool set, charge him for using them, and make up a ton of other charges. Tell him to work 1 day. Then dont talk to him for 4 days

9. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    oh he's gonnabe in knee deep crap around here. all the plaster is (like at his house) the old horse hair reinforced, and it's a bastachit to remove and clean up afterwards.....

10. HorseShoe

Jun 29, 2015
    Worst case scenario call Swift's sales team and they'll send a truck out to you. Save $$$ on a wrecking ball

GoneButNotForgotten and Mr.X Thank this.
  11. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    actually, i have seen Werner do a darn good job of "building plowing"....~~~!!!!!!!!!~~~

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.