looking for current info on Black Horse Carriers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by josh10jet, Jul 12, 2014.

1. josh10jet

josh10jet Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Appleton,WI
    I saw an add online for Black Horse Carriers running out of Milwaukee,WI. Does anyone have any info about these guys? I was reading some posts but not really much info for the Milwaukee area. The say the pay is 63-70K a year home very day running a route. Pay almost sounds to good to be true.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    They are a hard outfit to get hired on buy. If you are talking about there Aldi's account in Oak Creek Wi. I tried twice and was told by Larry in the office that it's hard to get a job there. The money is good around $ 1,000 to $1,200.00 a week, generally 12 hour shifts and slip seat, shifts are basically Noon to Midnight or Midnight to Noon. And now I heard since Aldi's are now open on Sunday that you work all weekends and have a day off during the week. All of this could have changed since I have not applied there in a while and have not talked to a driver in a while.......

4. josh10jet

Apr 18, 2009
    Appleton,WI

I think this add might be for a new account they have. Did you get to talk about the cost of health and other benefits? I have read on here from other posts that they are hard to get hired. But money seem good. Thanks for your help.

5. josh10jet

Apr 18, 2009
    Appleton,WI
  6. .02cpm

.02cpm Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Josh10 talked to them about their operations in Ohio, when I was in that area. Terminal manager said pay is based off of load. Quicker the more per hour rate or cutting corners pays. Tap danced about benefit cost, believe was told it's not their strong suit

7. josh10jet

Apr 18, 2009
    Appleton,WI
    So I called them today. Was told it is running for NAPA start at like 6P-8P. But he would not give me much info on the health benefits, he said the terminal manager would talk more about it after I turn in an application. But he almost seemed like he was the janitor and just happened to answer the phone. Didn't seem to know much.

8. bvermillion

bvermillion Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Shoot the bad thing for me is any benefits is better than what my current job has over 800 a month for my family

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.