looking for help and parts??

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by lonlyslady, Jul 20, 2015.

1. lonlyslady

lonlyslady Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2015
    we just bought a 2007 KW T600 and are finding it difficult to find parts, the right bunk [inside] closet door is missing we'd like to fix that. apparently that part is not to be found at KW or Vander Haags lol also needing a refrigerator door seal again KW don't have that so does Anyone have any idea's where to 1 find parts like this and 2 help with what we seem to be runing into a lot...

most times my husband gets the 'I can't tell you what Might be wrong bring it in we'll fix it which translates to us as bring it in throw money at it and we'll eventually several grand later maybe fix it... we own also a volvo no issues there the garages parts counter ppl extremely helpful you asked questions they had at least suggestions so my question is.... where the heck are the helpful KW garages [in MO please] and how do I find them!?! all we want is well help if he/we ask so if this happens a lot what's the usual repair for it what part or parts could we possibly need? and someone give him/us and actual answer... thus far we get 'I don't know bring it in answer'

example: the dash blower motor went out we didn't know that for sure all we knew was his ac wasn't working he stopped into a Kenworth garage and began asking questions what could be wrong etc etc hoping to get helpful answers he need a belt also the person kept saying I don't know bring it in we'll fix it mmmm no you give me some useable information Then we'll decide if we need to dang after 30mins of quibbling with this person he Finally got the man to say well MAYBE it's the blower motor we've had that a few times *blinks* really?!?! he bought the motor brought it home and lo and behold it Was that lol but why be so dang impossible with helping?

if there is a 'special' trick wording we're not using please enlighten me we're gonna have this truck a while I don't want this to become a major issue for us.

Thank you to whome ever answers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    well in from a mechanic standpoint it's very hard to be able to find a problem over the phone without physically looking at a truck because there is multiple things that can cause the same problem so without looking at a truck its very hard. That being said after someone looks at it the right way to fix it is find the #### problem which is very sad but very few mechanics do it nowdays everyone just throws parts at it till something works which translates into a lot of money that you guys have to pay and that's the sad part. For parts as far as MO goes i don't know the KW people i deal with in chicagoland is CIT and i know these guys will bend over backwards to get you what you need if you would like to give them a shot i can give you a phone number and they can either ship it to you're dealer or ship it to you, but everywhere you go there is always going to be problems with parts people it's a never ending battle

4. wall_404

wall_404 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Try local truck wrecking yards, I've had good success finding what we need.

5. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    I was a service/parts director for several years. I can't tell you how many times giving helpful advice back fired on me.

Someone asks what might be wrong so you tell them what you think it may be. They buy the part you suggested and its not the problem. They come back at you demanding their money back.

Sad but it happens alot.

larry2903 Thanks this.
  6. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Dealers make there money selling parts and installing them. You need to build relationships with people. Where would they be giving out free info all day? Plus the aggravation of diagnosing a problem by the customer's description. Add to that the possibility of 2 or 3 or even 4 possible causes to the problem. Also as MJ1657 stated. Put yourself on the other side of your situation. My intent isn't to be mean spirited but to help you see and understand the whole situation.

larry2903 and MJ1657 Thank this.
  7. lurch379

lurch379 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Try Russ fischer truck parts in Indiana for the closet door. The fridge seal is easy. Try truck fridge in kentucy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.