Looking for OEM Refrigerator for a 780.

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by NoCoCraig, Dec 12, 2013.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Our truck did not have one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Ok just wondering, I went through 3 of them in this '12 cuz they rewired them they thought for the better.Norcold had to go back to the way the they originally were wired.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Well I can tell you first hand that Notcold is under contact by Volvo to not sell parts for these fridge. These fridge have different parts then parts in rv fridges. They are more like a marine fridge. I called Notcord in Indianapolis and Cleveland these are the major repair centers both told me no repairs no parts for them to repair them. Volvo will not let any parts to be sold. There are no repairs. If your fridge fail under warranty the dealer just put a new one in.

5. UltraZero

UltraZero Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2013
    I was under the impression, all refrigerators are basically the same. I know there are different sizes, but, for the most, the are all the same. The difference is the
    mounting kits for each truck mfg.

Check the size of the refrig you want and then check with Volvo for the mounting kit.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    The factory fridge in a Volvo has a door that matches the cabinets. It is large and very nice. The hole fits other units, just not as nice looking.

7. nutcase

nutcase Light Load Member

May 2, 2010
    Meridian, ID
    I found one on Ebay once about a year ago(about $500?) but it turned out my fridge wasn't bad, so I didn't buy it. If I remember correctly I used the model/part number to find it. searching for Volvo fridge did no good. I believe there are two different numbers you can try, one old, one newer.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  8. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
  9. UltraZero

UltraZero Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Hi. I agree about the door..

10. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    I vote truckfridge too. Or Engel cooler... or a combo of both like I had. Expensive, yes but worth it. Food stays cold freezer stays frozen and they don't drain batteries.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.