Looking for opinions on hazmat tanker pay

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by biggins', May 11, 2015.

1. biggins'

biggins' Bobtail Member

May 11, 2015
    Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm located in Kansas. I called a company about hauling hazmat products. Anhydrous and butane mostly. The pay is 25% of gross. I was wondering if that's good pay? Out for 70. Home for 34. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Generally most that pay percentage pay around 25% of the truck earnings,,some a little more and some less,Something to think about the percentage also depends on the hauling rate 50% of nothing in still nothing,,For hazmat you should expect to earn $1K a week or more and make sure that you are covered by workmans comp insurance,,if your company does not cover their drivers with workmans comp insurance they are a fly by night cheapo company and you do not want to work there,,

MCribbs and scythe08 Thank this.
  4. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I love watching the Acord and Farmers Oil trucks fly by.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  5. biggins'

biggins' Bobtail Member

May 11, 2015

Thanks for the info 315wheelbase. I just wasn't sure what to expect. I know a lot of grain haulers in my area say they get 22%, 3% more didn't sound like a big difference. But I'm assuming your working with bigger gross numbers also. I'm not sure I should name the company on here, but I can assure you that it's a well known long time established company.

6. unclegoose

unclegoose Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2014
    I haul crude and we get 25% of gross but the gross varies depending on the distance. We get a dollars per barrel based on the distance traveled. My shortest load pays 70 and my longest pays 220.

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I haul chemicals and get 25% plus accessorials like using the truck pump or air, extra hose, and demurrage. Most of the time I'm out loaded and back empty. Rates are high enough that I make good money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.