Looking forward to Knight's Squire program

Discussion in 'Knight' started by aecarr, Jul 26, 2014.

1. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

How true---a trucker's life is like a box of chocolates.

Eating too many chocolates will cause you to develop diabetes and you will die young with many complications.

In trucking, you will live in unhealthy truck stops eating fatty over-sized meals, getting little exercise, and dying around 65 yo if you're lucky!!

Sorry, if reality sucks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    I see you've been to Santa Cruz

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  4. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    My training begins with Knight on the 8th of September as well. Will you be in training at the Memphis location?

5. bryan.mike51

bryan.mike51 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Decatur,GA
    @ aecarr my situation is someone similar to yours..I too live in Atlanta...I cant afford to go that long not getting paid...Millis,Prime Inc,Celedon,and Knight are my four..but not sure

6. bryan.mike51

bryan.mike51 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Decatur,GA
    does Knight check job verifications?can I be accepted with a misdeameanor for possession of Marijauna in March 2009

7. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I believe every company uses a PSP now when hiring prospective drivers. Anything on your record will pop up. Be up front about it. If you had a possession charge in the past I hope your are clean now. I believe Knight is now doing hair tests. Any criminal activity on an application could be bad I guess but at least it isn't a felony. You will probably get dozens of answers on here. Best bet is to call a recruiter and ask them directly.

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Watch your pay at knight...they specialize in not paying a trip...every week and come up with a lame excuse for it...you'll constantly battle to get paid what's owed to you..

9. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    They will dig and find every little detail about your entire life. Do not lie

morpheus Thanks this.
  10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I was once asked if I could take two trailers from the Hutchins yard to Fort Worth for outprocessing. 49 miles one way x's 4, 198 miles sure why not. They never paid me mileage despite being promised. After about a month of asking them about it they finally gave me $25 bucks for my efforts. Go have fun at Knight, might as well because you won't make much money.

11. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Unless there is a paying load (where Knight gets $$) associated with the effort, usually the 'extra' effort on the driver's end is 'rewarded' with a 'good' load following.....might work with a driver's home terminal but good luck with another terminal. Often the logic is: "You're a 'Professional" driver, meaning that you work for the 'joy of the job,' not just as a common laborer!" [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.