Looking forward to Knight's Squire program

Discussion in 'Knight' started by aecarr, Jul 26, 2014.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I was told by a certain someone in Phoenix whom has shown to be clueless that when I stated 2700mi week shouldn't be a problem obtaining his answer was this.."those kinds of miles are no longer achievable in this business, a realistic goal to shoot for is...2100mi/wk"...I laughed and hung up on him.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    First question - Yes
    Second Question - No

4. GabeScott

Feb 16, 2014
    Some must of sued them or they got some sound legal advice because the new status quo is no free work. As usual, Mileage may vary depending on your terminal and division.

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    They used to allow you to drop a loaded trailer at a terminal that had to much time on it. Then they would have you pick up a loaded trailer for a local delivery and there was no pay for that. They basically said it was a continuation of the load you dropped and should be grateful for an empty trailer.

6. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Lmao!! 2100? Yea set your sights low. Although I guess my company must be a dying breed because my last week had OVER 4,000 miles on it. I brought home 1500. And that isn't a uncommon number for me to make... Point is FIND a company that pays higher than slave wages. .32 is slave wages. Do plenty of research there are company's out there

7. oceanbreeze73

oceanbreeze73 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Warrenton, Oregon
    I am very interested in getting some information about Knight. I am wanting so bad to dive into this new journey I will need to attend the squire program I am concerned about my lack of job history I have been a stay at home mom until recently. I have no criminal history no tickets and never used drugs and never will!

8. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    May I ask why your interested in knight?

9. GabeScott

Feb 16, 2014
    Just put on the app you where a stay at home mom. If they ask for proof show them your kids birth cert and school records. My wife had no problems coming on board to train with the same hole in her work history.

10. oceanbreeze73

oceanbreeze73 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Warrenton, Oregon
    I have heard really good things about the squire program

11. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I visited Knight Transportation in Indianapolis , Indiana last month when I was in the USA. I talked with them about the school and driving and everyone seemed real nice.

But you hear good and bad about all companies.

I am working and living in South Korea at this time but plan on moving back to the states soon and driving for someone.

Please keep us posted on your progress and good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.