looking to buy a truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by devildog3531, Jul 5, 2015.

1. devildog3531

devildog3531 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2015
    Greetings everyone. I'm currently doing a lease purchase deal and looking to buy my own truck. I only have about 5 saved and a credit score of 670. I live in Florida with hopes of running for landstar. I have 8 yrs of otr experience and already pre qualified for landstar just don't have a truck. Any advice or info on getting financed? I probably would've saved more but this POS prostar keeps breaking down with egr, ac, dpf stuff (09). Putting me in the hole . anything?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Get a paper from Landstar that you are pre qualified and it should be fairly easy for you to finance a truck

4. devildog3531

Jul 5, 2015
    I tried to obtain one but was told they don't do that.

5. Adventuro-Us Transport

Adventuro-Us Transport Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Ask them for a "Letter of Intent to Hire". They may be more comfortable with that verbage. If need be in order to pry one out of them you could try " I am unwilling to submit my two weeks notice to my current employer without a Notice of Intent to Hire in hand" That may work too, but I would try the first route.

6. devildog3531

Jul 5, 2015
    I'll try the 2nd one because I tried the 1st. That's when they told me they didn't do those letters. Thank you. I'll check with them in the morning with that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.