Looking to going to landstar,do they supply plates insurance and fuel cards?

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by jstowe, Apr 24, 2016.

1. jstowe

jstowe Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Does landstar supply fuel card,insurance and plates?and do they have weekly settlements

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    The simple answer is yes. They make it possible for you to buy all these things through them.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  4. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Does they offer an Ezpass? I understand the BCO pays the tolls.

5. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    As a BCO you would pay for everything...they don't give you anything and you won't take anything from them...it's a business transaction. You give up a percentage of the gross line haul in exchange for them dealing with billing, compliance, all the back office stuff. Some say you're giving up too much for what they do, but I feel like the time I don't have to spend on any of that crap is worth the percentage they keep.

I don't know about the EZPass, I just have PrePass. The only toll transponder I have is PikePass and I got that on my own, not through Landstar.

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  6. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Prepass only through them. They will authorize a Bestpass account, but it is not through them.

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  7. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Never heard of Bestpass. Is that usable where EZpass is accepted?

8. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Bestpass is one transponder for multiple tolling and pre clearance systems. If you run a lot of tolls it is probably your best bet. I have Prepass, sunpass and Ipass (IL pass that's compatible with EZPass) Ipass only deducts when you use it, there is no monthly withdraw even if you don't use it like some others.

9. nonsense007

nonsense007 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Reidland, Kentucky
    I have Bestpass ( which also has the Prepass for scales in the same transponder ) and Horizon ( which covers TX, FL, KS, OK ) the Horizon transponder is also from Bestpass, you just have to setup an account and maintain $250 in your Bestpass account, and when it goes low, you will get an email from Bestpass stating which day they will take money out of your account to maintain the $250 balance in your account. With Bestpass there's toll discounts. You can follow your Bestpass account and make sure you are being charged correctly.

10. nonsense007

nonsense007 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Reidland, Kentucky

Yes.

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  11. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida
    You are going to have a really rough time coming over here right now. Rates and freight volume are in the dump. If you dont have relationships made with agents then you will only find scraps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.