Looking to move my trucks to TWT

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Fstnlow2004, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Fstnlow2004

Fstnlow2004 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Can any owner operators give me the low down on twt? I'm hearing some mix reviews. I have 2 trucks with Watkins but since they were bought out by Schneider Im not liking how things are turning out. They are not bringing on any new fleet trucks so I can not keep expanding with them. Twt has a few o/o with multiple trucks.
    It's fully independent so I will need insurance coverage.
    It's 11 western, I'm ok with that.
    Refers are not my thing but as long as equipment is in good condition.
    Do o/o still need to do their long orientation?
    Since going full independent I will have to supply them with all my employees drug screening and driving records correct? Do they only require a urine screen for o/o or do I need to have hair testing done for my drivers?
    Do they keep their drivers moving? I like to get 24 to 27k miles a month with my teams.
    How's the pay been? Reliable?

This will be an interesting move, it was easy with Watkins, good pay, easy miles, but all good things come to an end. Any opinions on twt is greatly appreciated guys.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. revin57

revin57 Light Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Dogtown

4. revin57

revin57 Light Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Dogtown
    I know of alot of company that have recently quit. Alot of problems there since the old man's kids took over. Your drivers will b putting up with there crap which means so will you. For example, dispatch changes, long wait times, impossible delivery times coupled with bad aditudes. There is a high turnover rate.

5. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I see their trucks primarily on I5 running WA to CA
    Im on flatbed side of company and I sit a lot=not making any money.

6. Phi4life

Phi4life Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Washington
    Things definitely turned to ship after jr came in. The whole attitude in the office changed. James was a nice guy and should have got the promotion.

My experience as company driver was not enough miles.. 6 month average was 1740 a week as a North West regional driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.