Lost a customer for now...

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Midwest1, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Midwest1

Midwest1 Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    I have a local company that I have hauled flatbed loads for a few years now. I hadn't heard from them in awhile which was strange so I decided to stop by and see if they had any loads coming up. The guy proceeds to tell me they have been using another local company that is charging them .75-$1.00 cheaper than they were paying me. There also doing all additional stops at $20 a stop. I guess I will just have to wait and see how long they can maintain there pricing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jackhartjr

jackhartjr Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Long long time ago, a carrier I worked for had a run from SC and NC to Los Angeles, about 15 loads a week! Well, three bottom feeders came in cut the rates and started hauling it. About three months later the customer came back, said they weren't getting the service promised, would we haul it again. We said no, we replaced that run! If you look close there is a lesson here!

4. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    Had the same thing happen a few times over the years.

When they call you back, and they will. Tell them your rate per mile went up $0.25 per mile since you last hauled for them. Tell them after you've been hauling loads for them again, for about a month or two, you may be able to drop back down to your old rate per mile. Lol

7seriestv Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.