Lost my Clutch

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by scottied67, Apr 26, 2016.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    we are up to $4600 so far. they have found other problems--

motor mount cracked
    fork worn and scored
    output shaft seal leak

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Sorry to hear that. That's why I always did my own work, or had a good friend that helped. A lot of that stuff is probably ok, I mean, it was working fine before the clutch went, but as a shop, they can't let it out without fixing it, for liability reasons. Just like going to the doctor. This is wrong and that is wrong, yeah, yeah, just give me the shot. Takes a long time of "free trucking" to make up for that. For me, it wasn't worth it. Good luck, don't worry, you'll be trucking in no time. Look at it as a real expensive vacation.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    that's wow just wow i can't believe it's that much

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    For that price they better throw in a tub of vaseline for you as well. That's insane.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    I don't know if I am jealous of that shop or if I want to stand out in front of it with a picket sign. I not only can't get away with charging that much, I would be afraid of the bad karma that would come with it.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  7. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Maybe I missed it…what shop is this???

8. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Tell me about it, I tell people 2500 To do the job right with input shaft kit, new oil and crank seal and even then they question me and they always find somebody to do it half ### cheaper. Im kind of jealous of these big dealer and what they can get away with charging it's mind boggling to me. I had my truck break down last week broke crossover tube from egr to cooler on D12 they wanted to charge me 3hrs for something i can do myself in 15 min, i told my driver for that much he did it himself in parking took him a whole 30 min with basic had tools

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  9. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Anytime you put a clutch in its always a good idea to put a new input shaft and bearing in as well.

10. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    and rear main seal

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I will have to go through the invoice and post what all they fixed and replaced.

I walked over to the Parts counter to ask about an A/C hose that goes from the condensor to the compressor, they said they had one in stock, $84 bucks but funny thing, I told the guy T/A quoted $300 for it, all of a sudden they didn't have it in stock anymore and it would be 3 weeks to order one. Ended up buying a couple other items anyway that I needed, told him I forgot my Kenworth reward card out inthe truck, he said no problem it is tied to my phone number.

Walk back over to the Service and notice they have a special going on 040116-043016 --- $200 off clutch jobs with Kenworth card. So I ask the girl, she said I don't get it because they already closed out my invoice; in other words it is my job to bring that up before the bill is closed. I asked why they didn't automatically give me the discount when I give them my phone number on the work write up sheet? Conveniently the phone rang at that moment and she didn't answer me.

The foreman did say they put a new one piece clutch brake on and the job comes with a 1 year warranty.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.