Loves Dodge City, KS Now Open?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by STexan, May 25, 2014.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I doubt Doc is on the registry but I understand Miss Kitty had to take up nursing because she lost her saloon in a bet so maybe she'll do the physical.

What do you get when Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty go out for drinks and dancing?

A litter of kitties

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Actually, for some interesting reading, Gunsmoke was based on a radio series in it's early days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshal_Matt_Dillon

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Also, for a little touristy homework when headed to Dodge from Wichita, take note of Greensburg, KS as you drive through. Notice it doesn't look like all the other farm communities scattered about. You'll notice all the new buildings. May 4, 2007 the town was literally scrubbed off the map

[​IMG]

this ran through just after dark and left this ...

[​IMG]

A true testament to the will and the spirit of the people and the community to rebuild and not scatter and leave.

tucker Thanks this.
  5. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    I used to run through there weekly from Tn. to Garden City Ks. with feeder cattle & it was humbling to say the least. Used to go through & see folks out & about & then next thing you know the town was virtually wiped out,it will make you think about life that is for sure.

6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I am William Conrad's biggest fan. I have heard every episode of Gunsmoke run on the radio classics channel on xm. Of course when William Conrad turned up on TV later as Cannon you can see why he was not TV's Marshall Dillion and James Arness was.
    He was also the narrator on the Rocky and Bullwinkle show among many others.

Panhandle flash Thanks this.
  7. Luggnut

Luggnut Light Load Member

May 1, 2013
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Though I didn't have time to stop there tonight, the loves in Dodge now appears to be open for business. Parking lots full and it's all lit up!

8. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    My first trip to Dodge City this past Thursday night/Friday morning, loading at ADM. Spent a glorious 6 hrs at the J. Interesting place, has to be the smallest, least amount of amenities J I've ever been to. Rolled in about 2 am, as someone else, bobtails galore, lucked out and got a spot in the front row (quite certain anyone that was awake got some good entertainment of me taking 20 minutes to back into a spot (I was quite tired).

9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Even less than the one in Kansas City?

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The J used to be a decent independent truckstop with a good sit down restaurant. Then they ruined everything good about it when they bought it out. The Love's is a typical Love's. Small lot that's usually half full of bobtails and it only has 3 showers.

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  11. Luggnut

Luggnut Light Load Member

May 1, 2013
    Colorado Springs, Co
    The independent T/S you mention was the Hitchin' Post and though I never cared for the T/S because of the awful fuel islands, the restaurant was a very good place to eat. I agree that J just ruined the place when they closed the restaurant. I was so happy when Loves opened. I have not been to the J since. The J had terrible deli food at 2 or 3 in the am when I am normally in Dodge and the attendant's attitude sux. Not to mention Loves give me 4 points per gallon compared to the J's 1 point. I might also mention that Loves also just opened a new T/S in McPherson, Ks at exit 60 on I-135 and it has a Hardees! Be safe folks!

12. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Yeah, the Love's in Mcpherson IS open BUT you can't get to it coming northbound, exit is closed, either get off at 58 and come thru town, PITA, or go north about 5 miles get off get back on heading south, PITA.

I'm glad they put a Loves there, but jeez, would it not have made sense to get the exit done BEFORE the TS?

Long FLD Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.