Loves, Gemini motor transport, now hiring drivers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by kestonefuelman, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    Physical is the basic. They check blood pressure and do drug test...basic like anywhere else

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    I wouldn't say all that....you may or may not get weekends off depends what is available also most holidays we work because our stores need fuel by the clock. The Gemini way isn't always what our way wants at times. Other than that it's a plush job that demands being professional and no shortcuts, they hire too notch . Good luck driver

4. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    They filled the positions in mobile ,al. Them boys have it made in the shade hauling bio diesel. Just remember if you are to get hired on doing bio that they still will have you being carded at refineries in the area you will be stationed at and you will still have to be trained in case you have to pull gas or diesel in case bio times get slow driver

5. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    I can say I was in your shoes there driver as I was waiting to hear back from Gemini. I called the rm number on the application and I burned his phone up and texted him till he gave me an answer. I even called him out for being unprofessional for not returning a call back on his voicemail. Then a week later he called me and offered me and interview and I am on with them. Best option is to demand a response they at least owe you that

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  6. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    Well I am new to hauling fuel and Gemini trained me for two months before releasing me. They make sure you know what you are doing and are carded to where they need you to pull at besides $1000.00 wk being a trainee didn't hurt my feelings...lol

7. Checkonchico

Checkonchico Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    This! Plus being on days and having weekends off didn't hurt my feelings either lol

8. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    So was this a paper app you filled out?
    I've been searching all over their site and can't find any particular phone number for human resources.

Also, the online app felt a bit weird to me.
    The driver portion had this weird thing outside of the regular application on their site(for people working in the stores) where you were to list your experience, but it had to be under 500 characters.

I was wanting to get on with a fuel position out of either Albuquerque or Winslow AZ.
    Perhaps it's better to travel physically over there and request a paper app, no?

9. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    No it wasn't a paper app it was the one online that you described with wanting your experience and 500 min characters of work history,experience,etc. all their online stuff is so confusing and even when your a driver for them their online stuff for their employees is just as confusing to navigate through, I would say they are growing so rapidly that they are in the process of trying to update their old ways to new ways. I know it's all weird but trust me if you do the online app and submit it you will be fine, that's how it worked for me at least. Good luck!

10. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I did one of those about two weeks ago for both a May and a June Albuquerque listing that popped up.
    Couldn't fit everything on the "500 or less" box, so I took a leap and filled out everything on the prior page as well.
    We've got a Loves here in Clovis, and I also drive out sometimes to the one in Santa Rosa for some Carl's Jr.

Asked the people around in there and they just told me to call the 800 number for Loves corporate.
    As I mentioned, I'm working right now, but it's always good to switch things up a bit if things are beginning to sour at one spot.

11. Checkonchico

Checkonchico Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    My advice is try to get a business card from a driver to their RM. The driver may even let you put him down as a referal because he would get a referral bonus if you get hired, it would also increase your chances of getting hired. You can contact the rm and ask him for a hard copy of the application and turn it in directly to him. They get hundreds of apps online and yours can easily get lost in the bunch. I applied twice online and they never saw it, I finally got hired by the method I mentioned. Good luck!

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.