Love's Zanesville OH

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Friday, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Today this place is just a clusterduck. Some guy managed to lose his rear axle right in front of the fuel island.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

But at least as this is happening, swift is providing entertainment:

image.jpeg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    LOL. "Just another day in paradise"

I'm beginning to think like Cosmo Kramer and contemplating writing a coffee table book that provides photography images that high-lites the creativism of today's "modern trucker" in creating parking from nothing, as well as the many follies that make up any typical visit to any typical truck stop.

NavigatorWife, Friday and LindaPV Thank this.
  4. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    that first image is a product of 2 things
    1. Lazy Driver on inspections
    2. Our Pizz-poor infrastructure is so Bad........Bushings,leaf springs n hangers and Most importantly WELDS are breaking all over the place.. Its not just this guy.

5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Or he was making a uturn. The trailer is facing toward the pumps and i doubt he was going to fuel backwards. it was a split axle, all the weight goes to the back and rip it apart. Also the wagon is loaded....that's my guess

@Skate-Board @Hurst, would this happen if he was making a uturn with a split axle?

Edit- nvm I can't tell if he was loaded...There's a strap there but still in the spool

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    No crap ... I was walking back to my truck at the Pilot in Newburgh, NY earlier today. Trucks are often forced to u-turn (VERY restricted area) leading into the fuel pumps to hit other parking spots (screwed up truck stop). I was just walking into that approach area when a fully loaded spread axle flatbed was attempting to turn around. He couldn't or didn't bother to raise an axle. I turned around and headed back away from that potential catastrophe. Turning those things real tight is always an exercise in testing your luck and pushing the limits of trailer components, build, and tires.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    That's one of the drive by truck stops.

8. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    That trailer has probably seen its share of stress. Hauling heavy (Coils and steel) will take its toll on pretty much any trailer. I call just bad luck.

All things considered,.. I'd be happy it happened there and not on the interstate or in a small town take a right turn in the middle of a busy intersection.

EDIT:

Just noticed he is facing the wrong way at the pumps. So yeah,.. he could have been doing a turn around. Bad deal for him no matter what the circumstances.

Hurst

9. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    He was trying to u turn. And not sure if loaded or not, all the straps were in spools so likely not.

10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Lot's of trailers that have side boards also have recessed chain holds in the floor, so they can use the side boards, and chain the load. I'd bet money he was loaded. Can't see the front axle tire on the driver side, but I suspect it was squashed pretty good

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.