Low fuel pressure

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by miroelle, May 11, 2015.

1. miroelle

miroelle Bobtail Member

May 8, 2015
    i have a '08 volvo d12. the truck is pulling fine but a low fuel pressure code keeps coming up. i believe the reason should be that the fuel system is sucking up air from a small leak. any ideas?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dakota1358

Dakota1358 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Staunton,Va
    Not to sound like an @55 but if you think its sucking air from a small leak then find the leak.Check your filters make sure they're tight and the gasket is good.Check the fuel lines are tight.Could also be a fuel line collapsing

4. miroelle

miroelle Bobtail Member

May 8, 2015
  5. Helowrenchturn2

Helowrenchturn2 Medium Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Low fuel pressure is likely from a weak/faulty check valve (I think they call it an overflow valve) or worn fuel pump. also could be just a bad sensor

miroelle Thanks this.
  6. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Had one several years ago sucking air, it was the O-rings on the fuel shaft going into the fuel pump.

Mechanic found it by putting on a clear plastic line.

7. j_martell

j_martell Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Centre Wellington, Ontario
    That became factory equipment on ALH TDI VW's for that same reason...

8. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    Just question, since you have the fuel pressure code is your engine crank long time before fire up after two hours stopped ?
    Did the fuel pressure problem occured after fuel filter replacement ?
    Ben

9. miroelle

miroelle Bobtail Member

May 8, 2015
    Hi Ben,
    I have had the code before and it was not effecting my truck performance so i was going to fix it when my truck was home but my driver decided to stop at Petro and change the fuel filters. As he did this, the truck came out of the shop and stoped at the parking- no power. They did diagnostic - "injector #1, not responding , u have to bring it to Volvo dealer ". Yeah, right. ..Obviously, it was not the injector because even with 1 bad injector, the truck would have be moving. So, i called a mechanic who took out the air out of the system, reset the computer and the truck drive for 6k miles after that without a problem. I have it home now and i want to find the issue and resolve it. What do you think?

10. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    Hi,
    I need to know, after 2 hrs with engine stop is your engine crank a lot before fire-up ?
    Is the fault code reappear since it was erease 6K miles ago ?
    If so, what is the exact code ?
    Ben

11. Moneymike

Moneymike Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    I would guess your fuel pump or the accessory drive is going bad. I get same message and mechanic asked about my fuel pump. I told him it was changed about 2 yrs ago. He said the accessory drive gets old and worn and doesn't make fuel pump push hard.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.