LTL Hot shot dispatching services?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by nit2winn, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Willpower

Willpower Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012
    AMEN to that! The problem is that these dispatchers start seeing dollar signs. People like Gary from M&H Logistics can't keep up with the amount of people he is trying to run. I got screwed many times paying his $250 a week. Sometimes I would pay his fee, do a $1500 run and buy the time I added the fuel and other expenses I was left with less than $100 left. Then I sit for 5 days.... Guess where the $100 bucks went? Funny thing was, when I signed on Danny said, "we are not here to screw you man, if you have a bad week we will refund your money." Guess what! Never happened. One time I paid him on Sunday through PayPal, sat till Friday picked up a load AFTER deadheading 400 miles.... Bright and early Monday morning Danny was on the phone wanting to know where his money was. After paying all the fuel etc.... No money was made that week either.

Nehemiah3 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OldOkie

OldOkie Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2013
    NE Oklahoma
    US Veteran
    Aren't you, your son, or your dad the owner of TDS?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
    Willpower Thanks this.
  4. Willpower

Willpower Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012
    He is the owner..... Trying to boost business by acting like he is a customer. His site says they are built on honesty and integrity..... Yeah right!

5. U.S. Veteran

U.S. Veteran Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I will set the record straight, when I first started this business, I was not too keen on how to promote it. I knew I could provide a good service, something that other dispatch services would lack. I will admit, I made a severe mistake by trying to promote my business here through dishonesty. I am very sorry for that. I can not take back what I have done, all I can do is provide the best service I can to my customers. Willpower, I thank you for showing me the light on this matter. I have learned to be a better manager of my business and of how people look at my business. I will say that I was wrong to advertise my services on this site, and to advertise them the way I did. Since then, I have been open and honest with every customer that I have. So, yes... my business is built on honesty and integrity and now, strengthened with a humble resolve that very few find. Thanks Again!

Nehemiah3 Thanks this.
  6. Willpower

Willpower Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I forgive ya man, no offense taken... We all make mistakes and we all want to be successful. It takes a real man to admit what you did. Good luck in your business. Be different than Gary and you could really go places!

U.S. Veteran Thanks this.
  7. Silverado-01

Silverado-01 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2013
    DeLand, FL
    Double AMEN to that!! The second week we were with M&H Logistics, we got only one load. Yup, ONE!. It paid $1400. Danny calls me at the end of the week and says that we only have pay $150 next week because we didn't go over $1500 for the week. He complained that he didn't like giving up $100. The next week we got a load for $1100 and guess what? He added a car on for another $400. I can laugh at that now, it wasn't funny then. As referenced in another thread (Beware of M&H Logistics), that was our last week with them.

In that, rather long, three weeks, we realized how a dispatch service should NOT be run. My son had been trucking for several years and kept after me to call them. He could see better than me, what they were doing. I was willing to give them some room to do the job we were paying them for. Needless to say, I learned an expensive lesson and one that we do not repeat in our business.

Much Success!
    Bill

8. Willpower

Willpower Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Seems everyone has the same old story...

9. Willpower

Willpower Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Bump, for the un-aware....

10. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Tell you what... DO you REALLY want to earn people's trust?

I suggest you dispatch... for a small "per dispatch" fee (hey, you do deserve a few bucks for time and all the paperwork and work), plus a percentage of the fee above a certain amount per mile - based on load size and distance. A car would be real cheap, but a 4000lb load that pays $2.50 / mi for 2000 miles should pay you well as it does a hot shot driver.

Put some of your own skin in the game. Make it enough so that when real profitable stuff comes by, you make it good, too, and when the sucky stuff is all there is, you share in the pain. If you want to convince people you're a true partner, then be one, share in success and share in pain as well.

Silverado-01 Thanks this.
  11. U.S. Veteran

U.S. Veteran Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Thanks Power Wagon for the advice....I will take it under advisement. You sound like a man of experience, or someone who has been hurt. Either way, I would be interested in working with you. Like I said, I have drivers that are completely happy with the level of service that is provided and the financial arrangements. If our terms are not agreeable, I am sure there is a company out there that has that very plan. But, I will tell you that I do put my own skin in the proverbial game, as you put it. For if I don't perform, I loose customers. I know what it is like to be a driver and feel taken advantage of. But the entire world is not out to get you. Hope you find the right company for you. Thanks again for the input!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.