Maintenance on a 2004 International 4300

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by brecchi, Jul 7, 2016.

1. brecchi

brecchi Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Hello, our small moving company just got hold of a 2004 International 4300 with a 7.6L CL215 diesel engine. Its been sitting for a long while and will need a full tune up/overhaul to get it through inspection and road worthy. We need to get it to the shop across town, and would definitely like to change the oil at the very minimum before we start it up and drive it over. Its a bit hard to find specs/info on maintenance parts. If anybody out there knows what filters, etc. we need, any info would be much appreciated. Also any tips on changing the oil on this particular engine would be very helpful.

So far Ive just managed to track down an air and oil filter which I think fits, as well as knowing that the engine takes about 30 quarts of oil. Not sure of there are 1 or 2 fuel filters. We plan on having the transmission serviced in addition to whatever valve adjustment, fuel filter, glow plug, cooling system service, etc is needed under the hood.

Thanks a lot on advance for any advice

-Ben

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    If you loosen the oil plug enough to see that nothing bad is in it, water or anti-freeze, I would not worry about it. I would prefer to disable the engine from starting some how and crank intel it has oil pressure.
    Things change along the way and even in the middle of the model year. If you want to do all that stuff just get it from the dealer with the last eight of the vin. It might cost a few more dollars but when you have the wrong parts you will spend ten times more running back and forth.

4. brecchi

brecchi Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Thanks for the advice. Is there a PDF or online manual which lists a maintenance schedule and fluid capacities?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.