Malarkey portland oregon

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by MrLincoln, Aug 29, 2016.

1. MrLincoln

MrLincoln Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2016
    These people require that you hand over your keys to unload here. Even tho it is hot here they do not provide a cool waiting room. People get mad when dogs get left in hot cars. So I guess truck drivers are a third rate citizen. I will be refusing all loads going here ever again. End rant

tlalokay and LindaPV Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    That is a bunch of malarkey!

Balakov100, LindaPV and MrLincoln Thank this.
  4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    An adult supposedly has the intelligence and physical ability to remove him/herself from a hot vehicle. A small child or animal does not have that ability, so therein is the reason for those laws. If you sitting in a warm location is uncomfortable for an hour or two, might be time to get an office job.
    There are saftey reasons for asking for your keys. Some idiot truck driver before you pulled out of a dock with a loader going into or out of a trailer, so if they have the keys, you won't have the ability to move the truck.
    It is nothing against you personally, probably by the locations insurance carrier.

5. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    I'll hand over a set of keys, but they won't be the keys to my rig, aint happening....I hear what you're saying though.....

I loaded lettuce one time, down in Yuma, AZ and was helping the guy who had just got done loading ahead of me put up his load-locks....We were almost done when his dipstick partner decided to pull out away from the dock...Well, I was able to jump back on the dock, but this guy takes a header out the back on the ground and on the way down he snapped his ankle like a matchstick.....To make things worse, the load-lock came down and hit him in the coconut too.....It was a good thing the guy didn't roll back into the dock either....Yeah, that was a bad day for him.....His partner comes back and says, "I thought you were done"....He was done alright....

6. MrLincoln

MrLincoln Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2016
    I understand what you are saying. Isnt there easier ways like putting a lock on the red handle on trailer. Trust me I was not in the truck. My issue is with the concept of it. Atleast provide a break room or something

7. VWjunkie1345

VWjunkie1345 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2012
    America
    I loaded there a couple years ago when I was pulling a stepdeck. They didn't do that then. Is it just for people loading or unloading at the dock?

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That, plus wheel chocks are quite sufficient.

Like someone said earlier though, the key thing may be to satisfy an insurance carrier due to the actions of previous drivers being too stupid to not be stupid.

Something else we all get to thank slip-and-fall lawyers for...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.