Mandatory ELD For Mercer...AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by JimmyWells, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyWells

JimmyWells Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    It seems Mercer is once again changing their truck requirements. Truck must be able to run an ELD. My first choice has now been officially removed from the list. I won't be forced into an ELD situation. Way to go Mercer. It's not even law yet. I guess I'll be looking around some more or just wait a little longer and get my own numbers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    I'm surprised it took them this long, Landstar has had them for years and a lot off other companies as well.

4. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    I'm surprised anyone is doing it at all. Especially when it isn't even a law. Also, even if it was a law what does it matter to set the truck requirements? If it's an actual law the requirements would not be needed. Seems like a moot point. What will they do if the OOIDA gets the law repealed again?

5. jinxutoo001

jinxutoo001 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2013
    If all drivers o/o and company drivers would refuse to use them what would happen?
    Would we force them to take them out? If frieght stops moving then so does the economy.
    I guess I have till 2017 to get it straight, park my truck and go on welfare.

JimmyWells Thanks this.
  6. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    They aren't changing their truck requirements, it's been mandatory, all incoming contractors must have ELD for a couple of years. As of July 1st, 2016 ALL trucks in the fleet must have them, with a handful of exceptions for guys with mechanical engines....at least as long as they don't get a log violation.

7. oldog1984

oldog1984 Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    A friend of mind runs his on a tablet.

8. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    Up until a couple of weeks ago their website made it very clear there were zero truck restrictions. NOW, they have redone their site and there are NO requirements listed at all. I had to call in to the information from them directly. It took several phone calls and being out on hold every single time for as long as 25 minutes per call. During that call I was told truck must be electronic. I said so you guys are forcing ELDs? He said, "yes".

9. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    I don't care what they can run on. I won't do it!

10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Those ######## at the DOT are planning to introduce an approved list of ELD devices so drivers won't be able to do that anymore.

JimmyWells Thanks this.
  11. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    Exactly! It won't stop here. It will continue on until it's so controlled beyond recognition. In all of American history all Fed law and regulations only encroach on freedoms. They never regress.

jason6541 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.