Manual DPF not working

Discussion in 'Mack Forum' started by KRAZZYbr, Feb 18, 2016.

1. KRAZZYbr

KRAZZYbr Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2016
    NORTH JERSEY
    Hello,
    Im a company driver and i drive a 09 mack CXU613, while at work today it asked to do a MANUAL REGEN, so i parked the truck and hit the button, but it didnt work, tried turning off the truck and all and still didnt work, now idk if its just a sensor or something more serious like cleaning the filter or something !?!?
    Did anyone already had this issue before ?!?
    Thanks !!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thed302

Thed302 Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2014
    USA
    Some engines require you to hold the regen button for 4-5 seconds.

KRAZZYbr Thanks this.
  4. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    DEF or non-DEF? Had this happen a few times with my '07 non-DEF, usually I would keep driving it, sometimes mine would take 4 or 5 times of this warning before it would finally regen. On a few occasions my boss would have to hook up the laptop and do a forced regen.

KRAZZYbr Thanks this.
  5. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    May need diagnostic software to "force" regen it.. And it does have to be hot enough to even begin (150-180f maybe)

That's about all I know...

KRAZZYbr Thanks this.
  6. KRAZZYbr

KRAZZYbr Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2016
    NORTH JERSEY
    Thanks for the reply :)!!
    Its a non DEF, It went away the next morning then it came back again in the afternoon, they bought the truck recently and it has about 470k miles, asked them if they knew if DPF was ever cleaned and they found out it wasnt, after 3 days of driving without doing the REGEN, light started blinking asking to do a URGENT REGEN, and i knew i couldnt be driving that truck anylonger. Took to a shop the next morning, DPF and DOC needs to be clean, it might need a new Dosing injector because i notice diesel coming out of the top and it has a hole on the exhaust pipe before the DPF, which i told them 2 months ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.