Marathon Petroleum

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by akeithwill33088, Jan 12, 2016.

1. akeithwill33088

akeithwill33088 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Hey I'm in the Louisville area. Currently I work for a LTL company. I'm not happy with anymore. The commute is 46 miles round trip. Pension is in shambles and no matching 401k. The union is a joke. I wonder why I pay dues and the benefits is not there. Soon my commute will cost me more Because toll bridges are being built. I have decided to apply to Marathon as a local gasoline delivery. My commute is only 5 mins sense the terminal is really close and no crossing the bridge to go to work I have my hazmat and tanker endorsements I just do not have tanker experience ni have put a application in and I have a phone interview on Thursday. I read their benefits package and they have a pension and a matching 401k. I'm wondering other information that would be useful to me thank you

plankton Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SodaDriver

SodaDriver Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Michigan
    Marathon is a good company to get on with. They are very strict though, so you have dot your i's and cross your t's with everything you do. Everything is very by the book. Do you know the days and shift they are hiring for? Usually when you start hauling fuel, you wind up on a night and weekend shift to start. That was my case when I applied for them here where I live. I turned them down and went with a smaller fuel company where I started M-F nights. I have a buddy who started hauling fuel and now is in maintenance at a Marathon terminal here. He is very happy with Marathon and is making very good $$$. I too left LTL and went to fuel. I am glad I made the switch and will probably stay here until retirement.

plankton, BentleyB and akeithwill33088 Thank this.
  4. chemster

chemster Medium Load Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I drive for Marathon in Louisville. Glad to hear you may be coming aboard. We have a great group of drivers at our rack. I drove a box van about 20 years and switched to fuel hauling a couple years ago. Recently moved over to Marathon and the big leagues. Glad I made the move.

plankton Thanks this.
  5. akeithwill33088

akeithwill33088 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Thank you for your comment. What is the starting pay and is there night shift.

plankton Thanks this.
  6. stevez57305

stevez57305 Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Florida
    Read an article a while back and it said marathon employees were they happiest in america. We only have the racks at home and all fuel hauling is out sourced. Much luck to your endeavors. Fuel hauling is fun when you get the hang of it. Just wait til you see all the cars going over in the next lane just not to be by you

plankton Thanks this.
  7. chemster

chemster Medium Load Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    The opening we have is for night shift. The shifts are 12 hours and start at 4pm.
    Can't disclose pay on a public forum, but it is better than you could do just about anywhere else around here hauling fuel. We have great benefits and retirement.

plankton Thanks this.
  8. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I am interested in Marathon too. So, how did the phone interview go?

9. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just got a call today for Marathon Petroleum here in Indianapolis. Tanker is what I wanted to do from the start, so we'll see what happens.

You still at Sodrel, Plankton?

10. dboe197

dboe197 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    When you leave ltl work and go straight to hauling gas it makes you feel like you hit the jackpot. Had me thinking like, this money is this easy to get. I also ran by the load, so when I was done no matter how long it took me, it was the best easy quick money to get.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.