Mark S. @ Fine Tune CB (Hardrive)

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Evvy Thomas, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Dude, I am not a text book guy, I learned in the trenches when mark was still in diapers. Crap he may not even been born yet.

I don't throw a lot of theory out there, I tried to explain things simply but I look back at your posts and see the amount of cut and pasting you've done to explain a position or a comment, it makes me wonder about you not being a text book buddy. You yourself seem to be the theory guy among us.

Class c amps can be junk, most of the crap out there in CB land (take your pick) are from the same design, close enough to allow just a few different components but are pure crap.

However if I said that all of them were junk, which I didn't, then I can't explain why the new amp being made is in a class c configuration using a 4CX5000 tube?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It's nothing personal if anything I'm paying you a compliment. In my experience the best 10 technicians in the country all come from the same school of thought. For me to include you in that group should be considered a compliment. Not a single person in that group who does this sort of thing for a living is capable of making a Class C amplifier work for one of their customers properly without causing all sorts of interference. The group of technicians below that group doesn't even deserve to be called technicians since they don't have even the most rudimentary test equipment or a basic understanding of how to use the equipment.
    When someone says that anyone could do that type of work they really don't understand the work they are looking at since there's only one guy that can make a class C amplifier function properly out of the larger group that does this sort of thing for a living. I'm sure there are plenty of other technicians that understand how this stuff works and are perfectly capable of doing this sort of thing for a living but for some strange reason they haven't chosen to make their services available to the public.
    But since they aren't in business they can't even be counted since their services are unavailable to the public.
    I do lots of copy and paste because that's the only thing you seem to understand if it comes out of a textbook.
    That's not necessarily a bad thing.

bored silly Thanks this.
  4. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    well bread boy mark confirmed what I already knew.I left las cruces after leaving him my 98 v to work on he was already back at his bench and talking to me on it. I was listening to my own backup radio. he called it a splatter box and I had no reason to doubt him....that's why I left him my radio....he told me a long long time ago that he's not trying to come off as arrogant but you want me to work on your radio or as the case will be radio's he looked me right in the eyes when he said this. I don't believe a lot of people when it comes to what they say. but I believed him. the man has a excellent reputation. that's good enough for me !!!!

Ougigoug and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Reputation is enough for me to give someone a shot at my business.
    The only way they can keep my business is based on the results achieved in a consistent manner.

Ougigoug, bored silly and slim6596 Thank this.
  6. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Just a few????

7. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    ok quite a bit more than a few but I don't tell people that. lol I might end up in the nutt house then

8. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well mark got my radios...He is gonna tune up my original and the other well we are working on it..Hopefully it will make the pantys i aint got on wet..
    Also shows how to many golden screw drivers are out there..

9. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    well how many radios do you have??? what radio are you talking on when you work ??? mark has all your radios lol

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Got my original 29 ltd home in my tool box..Got a 29 chrome with a 250 midnight special now..

bored silly Thanks this.
  11. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    ok so the radio on the bottom is the one the good ole post office jacked up for you. and if the radio on the top is brand new out of the box. mark just showed the state of tune a stock radio has.doesn't look pretty on his scope..... I can only see 2 things happening either buy the whole ranger radio new and have mark yank the big amp off it and put it on your 955 or call ranger yourself and see if they will sell you just the amp section off the radio.??? either way let me know what happens. I'm probably going to buy a new 955 from bells he sells them for $359.95 and have them send it to me untouched not converted... and I hate to tell everybody but screwdriver over there knows what he's doing. he was a radio man in the navy on a submarine

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.