Mark S. @ Fine Tune CB (Hardrive)

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Evvy Thomas, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Evvy Thomas

Evvy Thomas Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2015
    NW Ohio
    Anyone know if he's curtently accepting new work?

Do you know an email adress or phone number for his shop? His FB page and website seem to be a dead ends. Seems like maybe he doesn't want to be contacted currently.. (?) I don't want to bother him if this is the case.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Why worry to bother him, he's in business as many others so seek him out and ask him. If he is arrogant enough to act like the soup nazi, then find another.

No one is the best, no one is the expert. There are hundreds of people out there that work on cbs, they are good because for the most part the same design, the same functioning radio it was in 1980.

I know someone a lot better but I don't refer people to him. He is easy to find, local guy that I trust with my radios from my cbs to my military stuff. But because I only use him when I don't have time or need some second opinion when I sell/trade something. The point is a lot of people out there are good techs and know how to do the work.

Coffey and Cledus Snow Thank this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    He uses Facebook exclusively. Just spoke to him. He works on all my stuff

Hammerdowntrucker and Evvy Thomas Thank this.
  5. Evvy Thomas

Apr 11, 2015
    NW Ohio
    He's not accepting new friend requests currently. I messaged him a couple of days ago but it probably went into his "other" folder since we aren't friends.

Thanks for the reply though.:)

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  6. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    He might one of the top guy in the business...he is also one of toughest guy to reach.

I did try many times to contact him he even answer me back he ask me to contact him through FB.....what's the point we already have an open line of communication?!?

Bottom line he might be good but still i will spend my dough somewhere else, i already deal with a good tech but Rabbi somehow got my interest with his RX result....guess i will never experience that type of RX.

darthanubis and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  7. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I too would like t o have a radio tuned by him but I absolutely detest facebook in any size,shape, or form so I dont see it happening my best shot was the short period of time he was in Florida but I guess he is back out west. Im sure its not intentional and he stays quite busy but he is as elusive as bigfoot and nessie, maybe he should train some techs ad disperse them out to different regions of the USA.

8. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    There is a guy in Fontana California named Ron D. and you can find him on Facebook and he is about the only other technician in the country that can tune receive like Mark Sherman. He only works one day per week on Saturdays at the CB radio store in Fontana California and you can also find him on Facebook as well. Unfortunately his audio is not quite as consistently perfect as mark s.'s audio but it is always crystal clear just sometimes it's louder than others. I definitely would not recommend Ron for working on amplifiers but barefoot radios he is just like dtb for the most part except for better receive.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    Reason for edit: Last names in posts not allowed
    darthanubis Thanks this.
  9. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Thanks rabbi I will just try and stop in at Q5 on one of my trips to the Twin Cities, I just have a Bearcat 880 I would like to get the receive aligned, not even close to its brother the 980 or the 99v2 Im currently using.

darthanubis and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  10. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    You get one opportunity to answer your phone and if you let it go to voicemail he won't call you back.

KriegHund and Evvy Thomas Thank this.
  11. Evvy Thomas

Apr 11, 2015
    NW Ohio
    I'm in! Lol, thanks rabbiporkchop. You're ok in my book.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.