Mark S. @ Fine Tune CB (Hardrive)

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Evvy Thomas, Mar 24, 2016.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    No problems here other than reduced performance. No harmonics generated in the process. Done by special request only. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone.
    I doubt many could duplicate this

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    "If you put more than 2 watts into a RM Italy amp, it won't live long." Russell E. C., AB7IF.........I don't know the technical reasons why, but if he said it, and he did and tuned mine accordingly, you can take it to the bank...R.I.P. Russ my friend. (just actioned off his CB shop yesterday and missing my friend. Had to give him a little voice.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    Reason for edit: Last names in posts not allowed
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Delta, the problem is they are dealing with idiots who tell them this and those idiots don't understand how things work.

Obviously the techs have no clue what the word attenuator means or how to use one so they screw with the radio and try to make it work. We both know that the real issue is the amps themselves, most of them are poor design and need to be looked at not by CB techs but those who understand the engineering behind the design so to fix it.

Detaining the radio causes more issues with harmonics and spurious signals, one reason why people with spectrum analyzer a are dangerous. You can reduce the power with one simple change but I have yet to see a radio with that type of fix in it - ever.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I agree with 99% of this statement. however, when someone figures out a way to consistently do things which (by your own admission) you have never experienced or witnessed (except under freak occurrences) which surpassed the capability of any equipment you have ever owned there must be some Merit to what he is doing. I'd love to solve the mystery. Dismissing his work as bogus and attributing his phenomenal results to NVIS only works if those results cannot be duplicated at will (which they can). It also doesn't get us any closer to solving the mystery of why his customers seem to take for granted performance most people consider in the realm of impossibility. All I have are little Clues.
    It's awesome that you have discovered some critical problems that some of the best technicians in the country have also discovered but it's unfortunate you have been unable to figure out some of the innovative solutions how to overcome some of those problems like one person has done. Attenuating a signal simply shrinks it to a smaller size but keeps it in proportion which is undesirable in certain circumstances especially when dealing with some of this junky equipment that 99% of the truck drivers walk into these shops with.
    DeVry University and ITT Tech teach the basics but unfortunately those schools do not prepare these technicians to think outside the box when dealing with less-than-perfect equipment. Textbook work is fine and dandy for the average person. Textbook work is also much better than what the average person is accustomed to. Unfortunately textbook work does not accomplish the results that I have grown accustomed to.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Reason for edit: innovative solutions to an old problem
    darthanubis and slim6596 Thank this.
  6. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    You always maintain your cool in the face of passive aggressiveness.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I'm just trying to be logical

darthanubis Thanks this.
  8. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I always try to give credit where credit is due instead of trying to point the finger at UFOs or unexplainable circumstances

darthanubis Thanks this.
  9. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    None of the ham guys in Quartzsite Arizona that had their Icoms worked on by Mark could explain the performance differences before and after.
    All they could say was that
    "the proof is in the pudding"

darthanubis Thanks this.
  10. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Does he sell already tuned units. I don't want to send him a radio and wait for it back. Just a one way deal, from him to me.

11. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Yes he does and that's probably the best bet for the money to avoid shipping both ways. That's also the best way to get him to respond if you send him a message.

darthanubis and Evvy Thomas Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.