Maverick drug test question?!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Garlicbread56, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Garlicbread56

Garlicbread56 Light Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello... All I was reading about mavericks drug testing and read that it is indeed a follicle test my question to everyone is do any of you know how far back it goes like month or year?! Thanks

2. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    If the length of time is an issue, than you need to wait longer. Or, find another career.
    This is the wrong one to be getting into if you cannot stay sober.

3. Garlicbread56

Thanks Received:
    It's not for me it's for my friend they did it when they were younger and now they have grown up an got their CDL and have been sore since! It was a year or longer since they done it and haven't touched it since I was just curious how far it goes back?! Because he's really interested in flat bed?!

mje Thanks this.
  4. MrEd

MrEd Heavy Load Member

Thanks Received:
    From what I understand of hair follicles tests, until every hair that was growing on you at the time you did the drug falls out naturally, there is a chance that the right hairs will be pulled, and you could have a positive result. Hair isn't technically alive and any pretty much any chemical that is in it when it is formed stays in it. That's why they use the hair test. Its possible to identify drug use from years ago.

mje Thanks this.
  5. Garlicbread56

Thanks Received:
    I read on alot of websites that.. It depends on te hair growth and it you have shorter hair it can only be traced back 90days/3months .. Also that someone said that companies only go back that far.. I can on here to see how true that is?! I'm doing my own research for my friend!

mje Thanks this.
  6. Garlicbread56

Thanks Received:
    Sorry in advance for any typos! I'm on my phone! :)

mje Thanks this.
  7. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    They only use so many inches of the hair from the scalp(1.5 is the most common standard) to limit the time it goes back. It has nothing to do with the right hair and more to do with how fast your hair grows. Usually 1.5 inches is 90 days but that just depends on the rate of growth of the particular person. Unless you've been growing your hair out for years without cutting it, they can't go back years ago even if they wanted to.

mje Thanks this.
  8. Garlicbread56

Thanks Received:
  9. Jseney12078

Jseney12078 Light Load Member

Thanks Received:
    MY understanding the further back they try to go the more inaccurate it becomes.
    That's another reason why they only test the first 1.5 inches equating to 60-90 days.

mje Thanks this.
  10. Garlicbread56

Thanks Received:
    Alright thanks to everyone who replied! now that we know hell pass fersure because you all said the same thing i read already! So my next question is... My friend was reading about their physical as well.. And he says it sounds complicated... He's about 6'4 and weighs around 350 he's not concerned with the strength test part but more about the box you have to climb on and the sit ups...! My question is what do they consider sit ups and how many do they require... Like is it considered elbow to knee or can you go half way... And what is his advantage with that box if he's 6'4 ?! Thanks for you responses.

Draft saved Draft deleted