Maverick Transportation

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by stevedb28, Aug 4, 2007.

1. TIGER RUN

TIGER RUN Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    CHATTANOOGA,TN
    Hey guys, new kid in town :). Want to know more about the reefer fleet. 30yrs exp, but since i moved to chattanooga,tn, can't get home with the carrier i'm with now. What kind of miles do you guys get, and what areas do you run the most? Have only read positive things concerning the flatbed flt, but haven't seen anything on the reefer side.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TIGER RUN

TIGER RUN Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    CHATTANOOGA,TN
    are there no reefer drivers in this forum?

4. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD

Apparently not. I am flatbed, not much help on Reefer except that Maverick likes to call it the "Temperature Control" division. If on facebook check out the "Maverick Driver q&a" page. Probably a better chance of information there. Good luck!

5. TIGER RUN

TIGER RUN Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    CHATTANOOGA,TN
    Looks that way truckermania, thx for comeback. Happy trails.

6. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I have talked to the tcd guys from time to time and heard no major complaints.

7. robtruckinking

robtruckinking Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just got home from training and my first trip as a solo driver with Maverick. I'm TCD. Maverick is just an awesome place to be. I love it and looking forward to a loooooong career here.

BallC74 and Campitor Thank this.
  8. TIGER RUN

TIGER RUN Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    CHATTANOOGA,TN
    cool.thx. Thats what i want to here.

9. TIGER RUN

TIGER RUN Bobtail Member

May 22, 2014
    CHATTANOOGA,TN
    Glad to here it. Been looking around at a number of tc carriers, and keep comming up with maverick being about the best. Keep me posted with whats happening with you and i'm let you know whats going on with me. Was trying to wait until march before i changed comp, but the comp i'm with is starting to bs me to much when its time to go home. Thats not working for me. What terminal will you be based/disp out of. From what i;v been able to gather, the tc fleet is connected to the pearl,ms termnal, which is the closest term to my house. Going to bed now. Happy trails to ya. Talk to you later.

10. exhawkeye

exhawkeye Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Forney,TX
    They keep you moving in tcd. Time management n staying at the customers when possible helps. I'm averaging 2600-2900 miles a week. Been with them for 2 1/2 yrs n no regrets n not going anywhere

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  11. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Out of the major flatbed carriers I would recommend Maverick above all others. I have extensive contact with them out on the road as I pull a flatbed myself for another company. The only downside is the automatic transmissions (in my opinion). In any event I can tell you what flat bed companies to stay away from.....period. STAY AWAY FROM TMC, Prime, Boyd Brothers and especially Western Express. Also stay away from companies that try to bait you into doing a "fleece purchase" with them.

I personally dont care what rosey pictures people paint regarding fleece purchases. They are a total rip off. Dont do it.....ever! There is a better way. They only problem is that people want instant gratification to be a pretend owner operator.

Happy new year

Jenrik Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.