Maximum Speed Limit For Company Drivers?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Trygg, May 3, 2014.

1. Trygg

Trygg Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2014
    The West
    What's the maximum speed limit for company drivers? When I was with my trainer we didn't get any performance violations for overspeeding until we went over 70. Thought it would be the same in my new truck, but now I'm getting them left and right on my qualcomm even though I'm not exceeding 70, my guess is 68 or 67? This was a previous owner operator truck so it's governed as such.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Easy. Look for the white sign with black numbers on the side of the road. Don't go faster than that and you will be fine.

diesel drinker, flood, JAL1972 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Trygg

Trygg Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2014
    The West
    Doesn't matter if I'm going under the posted speed, if I'm going over the "Companies Speed Limit" we get written up, and supposedly I've been hearing about a lot of people getting fired for it. I guess we're supposed to go half the speed of the suggested speed on off ramps or we get written up as well. Gotta love Swift... :biggrin_25510:

5. nightgunner

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Talk to your trainer.

6. Trygg

Trygg Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2014
    The West
    Not with a trainer, and my old trainer doesn't know anyways, he's a new trainer and is new to Swift's policies as well. We're both under Central Refrigerated. All he knew was he couldn't exceed 70, at least on his truck, we found that out while in PA and we got a call from Safety telling us we should be dead, and that they were shocked we were alive. ... Over speeds of 71-72 mph for 10 second downhill stretches.

7. nightgunner

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Really? Dead? ....wow...

8. Trygg

Trygg Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2014
    The West
    That's what they told my trainer when he was on the phone with them. They really want to make you feel like a bad person when in all reality you were doing nothing wrong according to the actual laws of the road.

Anyways I just looked a couple posts below this and saw the answer to my original question. Looks like the overspeed goes off at 67 and excessive at 71. I think mine's actually 68 but either way, if I get a phone call from Safety, I'm just telling them I wasn't speeding according to the actual speed limits of the road. Their system is ridiculous. I just want to smack somebody across the face, then give them the bird as I walk away.

9. nightgunner

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    They would have loved me setting the cruise at 77 as I cross Kansas and several other states lol.

10. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Company trucks are supposed to be set at 62 with over speed at 66 or 67 I think.

11. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    As long as you have cruise control on and don't touch the pedal you, should not get an over speed untill 71. Then again that's my truck which is a company truck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.