Maximum Speed Limit For Company Drivers?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Trygg, May 3, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Huh?

I'm really not sure what that means.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014

I lived in California all my life. So knowing that 55 mph is the speed limit you can't go that fast before you get a ticket. Like on the grapevine. Saw a swifty doing 60 down hill empty and guess who was in the bottom? A cop. P's I'm on a dedicated so that's what probably keeps me in California. But no complaints when I was otr I never did 62 I always kept it at 60. Lol no hurry and still averaged about 2100 to 2300 miles :)

Dinomite Thanks this.
  4. Quickfarms

Quickfarms Heavy Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    I run around California at 58 and get passed all the time.

5. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Their record not yours. :) plus it's NOT much of a difference in arrival between 55 mph and 62 mph..

6. Trygg

Trygg Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2014
    The West
    Load they gave me from coming back off home time is a total of 3200 miles plus. Didn't have a choice to decline load due to not having enough time to deliver it, driver manager had already accepted it for me before I got back to my truck. Gave me 6 days to deliver it, so you can see why I have to go as fast as I possibly can to get across the U.S to get this load there on time. The miles are great, but company speed limit makes this load impossible. So I have to go every single mph I can possibly go without getting violations to maybe by the skin of my teeth deliver on time. I'll probably be late, and cursed at for not being Superman. I'm trying....

7. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014

you don't have to accept it. Just ask them why did they accept it for you before you actually looked if you could do it with their times. But now that you accepted it ask for the window if any. Then if you won't make it send a mac 22 to cover your butt. But that doesn't guarantee nothing really. Don't ever let anyone push you around being in a hurry to get somewhere because that's where something may happen.

8. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Maybe if you didn't spend so much time in the shower, and filling up your truck 3 times a day to get shower points. You could do that in the time allotted. :)

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. freightlinerman

freightlinerman Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    Expect all these Central trucks to be pulled into the Swift shop to have them governed at the correct speed. LOL, you really think Swift doesn't read this? A newbie? 3,100 mile run going to Cali? In fact, they already know who you are. No need to blow up truck numbers. This isn't rocket science.

On a side note, nothing wrong running 68. But, I run what's legal and what's allowed by my company.

10. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    It happens especially if he's in the area with no other trucks and there's a 3200 mile run. They'll probably t call it but it happens.

11. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    I won't mention any names, but for some reason I think someone is having too much fun yanking our chains.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.