MBI Energy

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by truck6388, Feb 27, 2013.

1. kogaFX

kogaFX Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Frozen Lease Road, ND
    Heh, I got turned down for MBI for water hauling too, and then I applied again a month later and got accepted, but I ended up accepting a sand hauling job with a brand new truck and I could live in the truck so I wouldnt have to worry about housing. MBI is one of the biggest outfits and like all these oilfield companies they have a huge turnover. Their roster is probably full at the moment but I can guarantee they'll be going through that stack of applications in a week or two. I'd apply again in a couple weeks or a month if no one else picks you up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckersallin

truckersallin Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I am currently hauling sand in Texas a bit slow what can I expect to make a year doing sand for MBI I like to work and I am shooting for $100000 a year if that is possible or I have 4 months water hauling exp but I 'll need to be retrained would it be better I apply as a water hauler for MBI if I want to make $100000 a year thank you apriciate the advice

4. Dh46

Dh46 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I have a interview for mbi tomorrow can someone tell me on avg how many hours they are currently getting hauling crude oil. I applied for the killdeer yard in nd and what is avg pay I should consider I have 2years 6 months cdl and one year hauling crude oil thanks for any advice

5. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    I spoke to an MBI crude driver from Watford City and they are busy, busy, busy. 60+ hrs. I spoke to a Ross MBI crude driver and it is sometimes only 2 days a week. I work in Watford City and I am getting my 70 each week.

gdyupgal Thanks this.
  6. Dh46

Dh46 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Ok cool been hauling down here in Oklahoma and plains and all the major players got rid of a lot of third parties they hauling most of their own oil so they sent me to pecos tx talk about bad roads and no money when ur making commission it sucks thanks

7. Dh46

Dh46 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Are they a good company to work for benefits seem good I heard things from another driver about them thanks for he input

8. Dh46

Dh46 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Also what do u know about ulm they ####ed me I drove all the way up their they changed my pay and raised my rent the first day I got up there so told them to piss off

9. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    The MBI Watford driver that I spoke to had been there since 2009. He seemed to like it. Also, let me clarify, I used to work for MBI but do not anymore.

10. Dh46

Dh46 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Ok thanks man

11. mrbakken

mrbakken Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2014
    A lot of bad information on this forum about MBI. They hired me as an oil driver at the Ross yard last year. I still work there. Starting pay was $23.50 for day shift, $26.50 for night. 1.5x overtime after 40 hours in a calendar week. Shift runs 12 hours with shift change at 5am/5pm. Most common schedule is 5 days on, 1 day off for reset. Oil field reset rules are 24 hours after 70 on duty, not 34 as with OTR. With this schedule a driver can easily get 72 hours per week which is six 12-hour days out of 7 with the reset after 5. Many days are 13 hours if the driver is swapped out, etc.

$23.50/hr for 72 hours per week is more than $107,000/yr for day shift starting pay. Do the math for night shift.

There is plenty of oil work. The guy who complained of 2 days work per week is full of it. However, due to the low crude barrel prices, less fracking is being done which is where the sand is used. All Ross depot sand drivers are sitting on their butts now getting paid the minimum of 48 hrs per week.

Water is very slow as well.

I hope this helps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.