Mbm foodservice

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by TEN4DISPATCH, Aug 14, 2008.

1. samcro

samcro Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2011
    the desert north of ellay
    That is exactly the surgery my Kaiser Doc said I needed - bilateral Cubital Tunnel - moderate to severe Ulnar damage on both sides (back in 10/09)- Carpal in both - I tried to keep working, then went out on WC - just sent my Return to Work letter to my lawyer today, I declined the job offer - SYGMA says I'm 100% healthy...the WC Doc never even gave me any treatments, saw me 4 times...said I was good to go back after 6 weeks of doing nothing....Lawyer loves it, more $$ for me...but I will officially be unemployed by next Monday..
    I've been kidding myself about going back to trucking...I'll never pass the ergo/weight testing - not gonna buy my own truck & doubtful I can find an outfit out here in LA that doesn't test.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    The symptoms never go away. The longer you put it off, the worse the damage gets. I put mine off for a couple years. I, now, have permanent nerve damage in the right limb/hand. The loss of use in my right hand is alarming. And, I'm right handed. Looking back, chasing the $$$ wasn't worth it. I should've just stayed OTR.

You need to get yourself squared away!

4. samcro

samcro Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2011
    I know that brother, well, I know that now :biggrin_25511:. I learned that the symptoms never go away after trying to work through them for almost a year...said thing is - I naively thought that Workers Comp would take care of it (I've never had to deal w/WC & I'm 51..), it being work caused... now, well, we'll see what the LawDog does...my wife is frickin' unglued that WC spit me out w/out doing anything...

Thanks for 'chattin' about this!!

5. sidewinder

sidewinder Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    LaGrange ga
    I messed up my elbow also. finally healed itself about a year after i left MBM. DR. said i need carpal tunnel surgery in both wrists, but i never had it done. they hardly ever hurt any more .

6. Sleeptalker

Sleeptalker Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2011
    middle georgia
    You guys sound like your gonna get together for a class action lawsuit or something

7. Sleeptalker

Jan 16, 2011
    middle georgia
    Not trying to sound insensitive i just have to post my 7th message so i can get instant messaging privelages:mwink:

8. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    It's Private Messaging . . . and posting just to reach the magic number is highly frowned upon.

9. Sleeptalker

Jan 16, 2011
    middle georgia
    Well here goes my "legitamate" 7th post then: Im looking at MBM, hauling gasoline for Florida Rock and Tanker or Pepsi...any advise on which of these is the best overall job....thanks

10. samcro

samcro Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2011
    My 2 cents... tanker job...pull hoses or not...no lumpers...some pull through drops...

Sleeptalker Thanks this.
  11. 2tyred2care

2tyred2care Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2011
    like ducnut I have to be vague -
    He hit on the major points to contend with in dealing with MBM.
    I would say RUN as far and fast as you can AWAY from this outfit!!!

If you have body problems foodservice is not your game - don't see a lot of old guys delivering food do you?

I work at what is the equivalent of the Siberia of MBM (ya know where they send all the washed up management and general misfits to rot)
    ABC or activity based compensation OR PMS pay - pieces/miles/stops is not what you want to work for - they will drive you into the ground.
    Probably why there is a revolving door on the building.
    They will expect all kinds of things done for FREE because you are not paid hourly.
    and when you object - they play games and cut your route or give it to a newbie and let you sit at home making no $$. (called squeezing)
    Ryder is a joke - they will not fix your truck unless it is in borderline DOT violation and the rigs I drive haven't been washed in 5 months.

The money (IF and WHEN it is consistent) is decent. Industry avg. is $17.30 - $22.50.
    I have had 1 route that averaged $20/hr the rest all below $17 in 1.5 yrs.
    but for all the BS you have to put up with it's not close to being worth it.
    Forget your family life too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.