McDonald's - Will Rogers turnpike Vinita, OK

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by stlwaco, Jun 27, 2012.

1. stlwaco

stlwaco Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    I just stepped out of the McDonald's in Vinita. I decided against eating the
    meal I purchased after I sat down and saw 5 (yes I counted) mice roaming the dining room. I brought the situation up to the manager. She said she knew of the problem and but doesn't know when they can correct the problem. Fair warning to my fellow drivers. Unless you want to dine with rodents, don't dine here. I'll be calling Craig County health department in the morning.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. okieboy

okieboy Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
  4. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    McMouse is a new menu item!

5. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    While I agree that it wouldn't be good to eat where mice roam, the McDONALD'S manager probably can't do too much. They only have part of that building. These turnpike commission owns it. All the different building users will have to aggressively work together to fix that. And since cooperation from a govt entity is required.........

corneileous and Roadmedic Thank this.
  6. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Yes the state most likely owns the building, however Mc Mouse still has to follow local / state health rules.
    I would call the dept. of health, and report this. Signs of mice, will most likely be the precursor, to a larger problem in the 'back of the house' where the public doesn't go.

7. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    The Okie Turnpikes are broke ##### mofos! They probably lease the space to the mice.

truckon, Roadmedic, kw9's rock and 2 others Thank this.
  8. stlwaco

Oct 4, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    I called health dept this morning. She said she was gonna pay them a surprise visit.

skibum_63 Thanks this.
  9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Good! Glad to hear that about the surprise visit. Too me McDonald's
    when cooked properly, hits the spot about once a month. I used to eat there more but not anymore. Speaking of properly cooked McDonald's, that Vinita McDonald's is disgusting. Never once got a good meal out of that place. Just a dirty vile poorly run restaurant and it's no surprise the rodents have made a home there.

stlwaco Thanks this.
  10. stlwaco

Oct 4, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    I agree with that. Only reason I decided to grab a bite there was I couldn't go any further. Trust me, I would have been much happier making it to the Petro in Joplin. Too bad I lost my appetite before getting to eat. Woke up this morning pretty hungry.

11. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    :biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.