McElroy Truck Lines, Inc. - Cuba, Al.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 4banging, Aug 10, 2006.

1. DragginMan

DragginMan Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    north AL
    Spill them beans!:yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TIMEWEASEL

TIMEWEASEL Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2008
    CLEVELAND, GA
    Hey bamanation, naw I've been out of the game too long....No recent expierence...been off the road a while. Still have my cdl though...not that it does me a lot of good...still pretty much got to start all over again and go back to a trucking school or a training company. McElroy sounds good...especially with the home every weekend possibility...the wife and kids would really appreciate it. Also thought about Crete's southeast regional...but from what I've read it looks like hometime would be better with McElroy...plus I like the fact that its a smaller company also. Any advise would be much appreciated...how much does flatbedding slow down in the fall/winter months? I know spring and summer and good...how slow is the slow time of year? Thanks to everybody for what you do everyday and for all your help!:biggrin_255:

4. camofrawg83

camofrawg83 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Well, called yesterday and they said they are just waiting on me to graduate. So I guess we will find out hopefully friday!

5. TIMEWEASEL

Dec 23, 2008
    CLEVELAND, GA
    Good luck camo, keep us updated on how you are doing. I hope all goes well for ya!

6. camofrawg83

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Thanks Time. So close to graduation!!! Have a forward excercise test tommorrow (no prob), finalexam thurs (not too bad) and a road test after (runs away screamin). Road test can't fail us just hurt our feelings... A lot. But mos def keep yall posted.

7. camofrawg83

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Oh yaeh, I picked a century class FL for the road test. No intl's at school so I figured I'd make it interestin ;)

8. camofrawg83

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Graduated fri and called mcelroy. App is on to approval dept. Hope to hear back tommorrow!

9. TIMEWEASEL

Dec 23, 2008
    CLEVELAND, GA
    Congrats on graduation camo!! Keep us posted on how things go for ya. I'm real curious about McElroy myself. If it goes well for you that may be what I need to hear to get out from behind this desk and get on the road again. Thanks!!

10. keyb68

keyb68 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Baldwyn,Ms
    Hey everyone I have 2 more weeks to graduate (ICC truck driver training Tupelo,Ms).I have an orientation at McElroy Trucklines when I graduate,does anyone know wheather it is a good company to work for or has any info. on it. Thank you

11. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    This thread might help:
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...oop/9481-mcelroy-truck-lines-inc-cuba-al.html

DriverSEA: 27.90
    VehicleSEA: 29.38
    ISS-D: 37
    They haven't had a Compliance Review for nearly 10 years so I guess they keep their nose clean.
    Just a hunch from a fellow MS wannabe.......you could do a whole lot worse!!!!!

jtrnr1951 and AZ CATS Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.