medical card expired?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by TheDude1969, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Might be like the way the states were expected to follow the new regs on medical cards and licenses by 2014. Some did it early and others not yet.

I know they are going to be doing it in 2014 and some areas may be enforcing already.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shadow Captain

Shadow Captain Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Denver,CO
    I am not trying to start an argument on this issue but I think a lot to drivers are confused on this issue, including myself! The link I gave in post #19 about the Registry has a menu bar at the top--click on rules and regs. It states the final rule was granted 05-20-12 but compliance is mandatory on 05-21-14! So does this mean medical examiners that are currently giving physicals can wait to register? As an example in my area the Concentra Medical centers have traditionally given DOT physicals and drug tests for local companies and OTR companies, yet I don't see one of the clinics on the Registry!

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    when did the price go up????

i renewed mine 15 months ago. $50. local hospital close to work. 80 miles from home. had to do it again for new carrier. 4 months ago. $60. local clinic close to home.

my brother in law let his med expire. and so did my uncle. they both were IMMEDIATELY downgraded to regular license. brother in law got his done within 30 days and reinstated. uncle is retired so he don't care.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  5. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I just got some endorsements put on mine and they hinted they were eliminating that. Only approved physicians that pass whatever standards they're setting up will be allowed to do DOT physicals. So if your card's close to running out, best get a new one before the government "fixes" it.

Lilbit and TheDude1969 Thank this.
  6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I'm gun shy to chiropractors. The last chiropractor physical I had he put me in all kinds of pretzel moves and even pushed straight down on my head real hard. I was thinking the whole time what kind of witch doctor did I run into? :)

The next day I couldn't even lift my right arm for 3 days. I had to take my left hand to put the right one on the shifter and then I could drive. I finally lifted my right arm up with my left and grabbed my upper cabinet and dropped my body down. My shoulder popped and it sounded like a .22 going off. I was okay then.

Never again will I go to one of them quacks. They do stuff at the physicals that aren't necessary.

TheDude1969, Bumpy and fr8te_sh8ker Thank this.
  7. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    To the OP; if you're in a decent sized town you can go to the quick clinics at Walgreens or CVS and get a DOT physical. No appointment needed. Also, in TX, you have to "self certify" via a form you can download from the DPS to keep your CDL current. Takes all of 2 minutes to fill it out scan and send.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I can't see paying anything over $50 for a physical, for most with a good doctor and insurance, he can give you an annual physical, fill out the form and it costs you your co-pay and you have a DOT form filled out.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  9. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    That's funny I did one last month and the state of mn DMV accepted it.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  10. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Just as long as they are a member of the NRCME by 5/21/14.

https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov/NRPublicUI/documents/National_Registry_FAQ.pdf

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  11. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    :biggrin_2559: Thanx man...Cant stop laughin after reading that.:biggrin_2559: I had a similar ex.,but without the.22 rifle going off.:biggrin_2559:

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.