Melton truck lines- tulsa ,ok.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by c04vette, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ruwhiz

ruwhiz Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Blacksburg Virginia
    Any current reports out there with Melton?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Droneeddy

Droneeddy Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I am aware that "Melton Truck Lines" has a right to be a safe company but at what cost? Melton's "back-up" beepers are waking drivers up in truck stops. We have the right to a good day or nights sleep. Drivers using back up beepers moving up and down trying to get into parking spaces are hindering our right to sleep. This makes us unsafe drivers do to a lack of sleep. I submit to Melton this information. When a Melton truck wakes up four drivers in the four spots next to the space, he is trying to occupy as much as 120 drivers per day per truck are upset with Melton. In an industry where good safe drivers are hard to find and getting much tougher to enlist this would to kill Melton recruiting efforts in five years. I have an excellent safety and on-time record and would never call Melton for a job after being woken up three times this month by their "back-up" beeper. I know other drivers feel the same as I do. 3. We all know that drivers take a lot of crap out here. Companies expect us to get things done and Elogs are making that very hard to do. Professional drivers go to great lengths to get good sleep. Displeasing a driver by "pounding on his door" or using a "back-up" beeper will upset an operator at the very least. If you're a Melton driver would want a driver waking you up when you have settled in for a much needed rest? No you would not. I could not imagine how bad you feel when you rear into a spot, and you know you woke at least two drivers up with your up and back positioning into a parking spot. I am sure that Melton drivers feel awful, and they know their company doesn't care about the safety of drivers who don't work for them. I can't help but wonder if I pulled up in front of Melton's safety directors house at three in the morning and started blowing my truck horn. How long would it take him to call the police? About five minutes I suspect. So why should I allow him to do the same thing to me?

ramblingman Thanks this.
  4. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Glad my OTR days are over with ....guess some folks just like it ....id rather park it at the end of the day ,ok ill admit it im a side walk sissy , ill eat dinner at my own table ,sleep in my own bed with my own wife , guess i will never make the big $ or have a big shiney peterbuilt to drive and look cool at truck stops ,but atleast i get plenty of home cooked meals ,paid for every single thing i do by the hr ($22.80) ,yes i do bust my butt at work but it doesn't seem to be unhealthy or prevent me from doin alot bass busting ,bowhunting or long rides on my road king or family camping trips or very health marriage relations with my wife or drinking a few cool ones by the fire pit on a Saturday night with a couple of other mis fortunate LTL drivers & their wives but hey someone has to do it ......for those who aren't afraid of alittle work and want to be a side walk sissy ,....get your time in and take these outfits for what they are : A PLACE TO EARN YOUR STRIPES and then come home to your wife & children ET come home .....i hope this post will be taken as an inspiration to those who know what im talking about ,let's face it our careers have been degraded ,all OTR jobs are a big joke and should not be taken seriously , their intends are set on using & abusing any victim they can get into their equipment and could care less for driver at anytime ,anywhere , sure it sounds like they care ,but the truth is they need a job and without drivers ,they don't have a job ,so you do the math and ask yourself this " could it be true ,they are blowing smoke. up my butt" hmmmmm

ramblingman and browndawg Thank this.
  5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Wasn't one post on something so minute enough?

6. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Not even close. I applaud and appreciate your opinion Eddy.

7. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    You SPLIT $.30 a mile??! That's PATHETIC!!! I ran team for a while and split $.50 a mile. Grossed on average $1450/wk and was home 2 days a week. You're getting screwed!

8. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    I see I had a post deleted, would the mod that deleted it please pm me on what insult was posted?

d o g Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.