Melton Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by cnjrollin, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Windjammer

Windjammer Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Springfield,MO
    CNJROLLIN wrote..

I wouldn't say it was "mainly" about the bonuses -- I could have easily recruited drivers without a website and it would have been much cheaper. I was more interested in creating a community for melton drivers and offering up more information to potential Melton recruits. It was encouraged and praised by their recruiting department. My loyalty and integrity as a professional driver is not something that has a price tag.

I did not state that it was 'mainly' but I am sure it played a big part and hey it was pretty smart if you ask me. I did not attack your professional driver status.

Not true. There are companies that can ease you into OD freight with only 6 months experience. (ATS is one of the companies that does that I believe / check it out) That's why I encourage drivers to go with Melton and get the flatbed experience -- then use that as a stepping stone to higher pay and better miles. I get more miles, great pay, and better treatment where I'm at right now in comparison to Melton. But maybe they just pay me more because I'm pretty? (joking) The miles are great, but if you read more of my previous posts you'd see where I stated I wouldn't fully endorse this company until I've felt them out a bit more.

I said 'worth working for' and perhaps ATS does hire at 6 mths. I also agree that Melton is a great place to get experience. I did not ask you who you work for or to endorse this company. I was interested in the miles that you are now getting.

I had no flatbed experience prior to joining Melton -- but as you know they train you on flatbed. As far as JB Hunt, that's for another forum. Ask me about JB in a relative forum and I will tell ya all I know. As far as "the others" I can't fill in these blanks for ya -- give me names and I will tell ya what I know.

Ok and yeah they do train ya. I was not very impressed with your attack on the driver from CRST hence this statement. You may not have been attacking him but it certainly read that way is all.

So there aren't any companies that have unjustly fired a driver? A friend of mine is currently in letigation with Melton over a wrongful termination claim. And last I heard they are trying to settle out of court.
    Like I said, if you're working for one of these big companies -- you are more than likely just a number, and for some that's okay. I think drivers should be picky when choosing a company. You're the driver!
    As far as my Melton loyalty -- I still tote my Melton bag, still wear my melton tshirt, still keep that melton securement book in my console, still got that Melton keychain, still got a few melton hats, and still continue to say that Melton Truck Lines is (one of the better + larger) flatbed companies out there. But by far the end of the rainbow.

In the Companies eyes there are no unjustly firing of drivers...:biggrin_255: we all know this. A lot of drivers leave out some important information on these boards trying to make themselves look good and the company bad.

Nobody said that it was difficult -- but dispatching illegally without taking an appropriate loaded MPH into consideration can hender your ability to do so. Melton even states in their book that top heavy loads require a lower MPH, especially through the mountains. Of course when freight is slow, you may be given more than enough time to deliver your load. Maybe I should have just tried to get a new DM, like so many of the drivers told me to do.

Sounds like that might have been the way to go, new DM. It states in the Melton Securement book how many hours you have got to do X amount of miles. Yeah I know it does not always work out that way, I still wonder why you had so much trouble esp. when other drivers that work for Melton on this forum say they have no trouble getting their loads delivered on time...I dont believe it has anything to do with slow freight.

If you're still a believer in this than maybe you're one of the lucky ones who have yet to be pressed with out-of-reach delivery times. My math supports my arguments against Melton unfairly dispatching loads with incorrect delivery times. Many of my loads had to be adjusted based on the pickup/delivery times being out of the realm of possibility. My DM usually blamed the load planners -- who either booked the freight at the last minute or failed to secure the proper load info before the load was handed off for dispatch. When freight was slow (around this time period) I was given more than enough time to pickup and deliver.

There are times when the load is very tight and yeah esp. when the loading takes more time than it should or they dont honor your appointment time. When you do your rolling call YOU give them YOUR ETA which needs to be as acurate as possible... if need be you can update it (provided you have a valid excuse) and in most cases Melton will adjust the appointment time.

This is no doubt why Melton loves you. Keep up the good work.

This is a fact is all....and I think every company would 'love you' if drivers delivered the loads on time and without damage.

About time for truths? really?
    If you're attempting to state facts or "truths" why start the sentence with "I am guessing" -- potential Melton drivers want facts not a guess.
    It's no wonder why a "guess" preludes the rest of your message.
    It's not my job to address the validity of your sentences. I will say that my comments are based on my personal experiences with Melton Truck Lines and not flimsy guesses. I have never fabricated my driving experience or credintials as a professional driver. Guessing your way through a personal attack on someone just to relate with the issues, can only be defined as unwise and trivial. You may want to take the "give us sources or give us silence apporach" on this one.

Personal attack huh..? Hmmm you appear to be pretty defensive about this. I was not asking for any validity but your reaction spoke volumes. I also said 'good for you', where is that an attack on you or your experience or credentials as a professional driver..? I was just saying that it should be made clear who is writing the messages..the driver or the rider....so who is actually writing these messages..?

LOL. Now you're just being silly. The validity of this one can only be defined by looking into my poor little doggies eyes! I wish I had more than one dog, mine would absolutely love a playmate! My current truck is a huge peterbuilt, with plenty of room for a new doggie if I wanted one -- unlike those small Melton KW's/FL's that barely have room for you and a fridge. Where exactly are you getting your info on this stuff? If you are able to get a print-out of my old qualcomm messages please send me a copy! And if my DAC report lists any other accidents other than the one back in 2004 -- I really need to know. (seriously) Otherwise, this is America -- please carry on. Nobody is stopping you WindJammer. But some of us may be losing interest. Please continue to flatter us with your left of center detective work. LOL. (j/k)

Well here is where I have to call you a liar, when you worked for Melton you had TWO Dogs on your truck, you know this to be true. Most drivers knew about this. I am not questioning how many you have now nor am I intested in what type of truck you drive.

How would I get printouts of yours or anyone else QC messages or for that matter a copy of your DAC...??? Why would I..? The information I have is common knowledge at Melton.

Yes. and so do the other 4 drivers that were fired that day.

Yeah, Melton got a big hat and put all their drivers in there and pulled out 5 and fired them for no reason other than they where the unlucky ones to be pulled from the hat..Come on there is always a reason behind someone getting fired. Are you telling me that 5 drivers got fired all at the same time for no wrong doing....thats funny.

Well, besides trying to paint me as an unsafe, unsatifactory, and some type of rogue company driver, I'd say you've been pretty fair. lol

What..?? Where did I say that in my post..?? That was not my intention and quite frankly it does not read like that. You give criticism and yet you appear not to be able to handle it when it is given back to you.

Most of my previous post (post-melton) state that I am not here to bash Melton Truck Lines -- an experience is just that "an experience" -- I do not claim to speak on behalf of all ex or current Melton drivers. I like to think of my posts as fair, balanced, and informative -- not to forget comical at times.

Correct you do state that you are not here to bash Melton and yet you do, be it in a subtle way .... 'fair, balanced, and informative' yeah in your biassed opinion.

WindJammer, it's clear what side of the tracks you stand and nobody is attempting to coax you away. There's plenty of room for all us to stand around and voice our opinions. As long as your opinions are within reason and relative to the topic of the forum.

How would you know where I stand, you do not know me, however I have knowledge of you. You are young and have the attitude of most young drivers in this business...you portray you know all there is to know about trucking.

All your posts about Melton are designed to indirectly cause Melton to lose drivers or at best curtail prospective drivers. I dont understand why you still continue to bash Melton after all this time. It is very childish. It is bashing no matter how you word it.

Let me give you some advice, though I know you will not listen to it, just move on with your new career, leave Melton where it belongs, in your past. Learn from your mistakes (you know you made plenty or you would still be at Melton) and work on your future.

Your reply to my post was at best an attempt at damage control. We are done here....lies are lies and facts are facts....and we all gotta live with what we have done/said or written.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cnjrollin

cnjrollin Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Mesquite, TX
    Look dude, you're credibility is really starting to decay. :biggrin_25518:

Quote:

Melton did not 'ask' you to build these websites and hey lets be honest here the only reason you were recruting drivers for them was the sign-on bonus you got everytime a driver signed onto Melton - yeah I know you dont get all the money right away but it still is the main reason..if you are honest with yourself.

(But no, you never said it was the main reason) :biggrin_25512:

I think you should focus more on your "melton experience" rather than trying to gumshoe your way into the vaccinity of a point. Be at ease knowing that most drivers check both sides of the story, so your words of wisdom have been received. My opinion is only my opinion. You claim to have some type of insider knowledge of my time with Melton, which so far given your sources (or lack there of) and comments, appears to be totally bogus and fabricated. I never claimed to know all there is to know in trucking, this is yet another rung in your ladder of lies, constructed to get attention and lead this forum further from its focus.

I'm flattered however that your first post in this entire forum was aimed at me. And there's no doubt that your contradictions will appear more frequently now that you are a member.

Are you sure Melton is working out for ya? I saw you over on another forum looking for employment info on USF? Flatbed got ya down? Maybe you don't even work for Melton? Isn't WindJammer a brand of kyak? Who really knows? Well, in any event, I guess we can agree to disagree. I never said I didn't know why I was fired at Melton, I simply said it was (in my opinion) unfair. Now you are entitled to your opinion -- but I don't think you should claim to be judge and jury on the issue. I doubt you have more insight on the issue than those who were actually let go.

We could both go on and on -- but do you really think we should?
    As far as your knowledge of me -- I guess keep doing what ya gotta do to arrive at a point...we'll wait.

For every bad experience I'm sure there's a good experience -- relax knowing that Melton is not short on drivers.

Because WindJammer thinks I want to take drivers from Melton...

OTR drivers with at least 3 months OTR experience!
    Join the premiere flatbed company Melton Truck Lines.
    No FB experience? We train. $40 tarp pay and most experienced drivers start off at around 41 CPM. Average length of haul is 800 miles -- BCBS insurance after 60 days and brand new (chop-top) FL's and KWs. Most melton drivers should average over 55k a year! Pets/Riders allowed. 48 states and Canada -- strong freight base and plenty of miles. Join us today and ask about our s$1000 sign on bonus.

Always do your homework and research both sides -- the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to finding a trucking company.

God bless truckers!!! And God Bless America! :biggrin_25525:

4. Windjammer

Windjammer Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Springfield,MO
    LOL, you're really reaching here. Do you really think I care about my credibility? I've provided enough information about you to cast plenty of doubt on you also. Why would I come on here and pick you out of the crowd and single you out unless I knew my statements were factual?
    The thing is, about me, you got nothing, you got nothing.
    I'm not too surprised to see you still sticking to your story after all the lies, it's too late to turn back without totally destroying YOUR credibilty which is starting to unravel.

Gumshoe? there's no gumshoe about this.
    Most of the statements surrounding your so called unfair termination are fabricated and distorted to put yourself in a good light and make yourself appear to be a victim.
    Why is it that so many people refuse to take responsibility for their own actions? That's what we got today it appears.

I have not lied to these people about one thing here, I have no reason to.
    After all, I know you. All my information is first hand, there are no secret sources. I will never reveal my position. As far as rungs and ladder of lies, show me where I have lied.

The only one who wants attention here is you why else would you have spent so much time on this forum, for the better good of humanity? Bovine scatology!

You should be.
    So I made a mistake and misquoted myself, sorry.
    Does that straighten things out?

Shall I check out all of your other posts and use them as a basis to continue this discussion?
    What does my other posts or post have to do with anything we're talking about here?... Nothing.

Windjammer could be the brand name of a Kayak,.. so?

Where did I claim to be judge and jury?
    However, I did say Melton doesn't terminate drivers for no valid reason although some may claim otherwise. Again, it's that lack of self resposibility coming into play.

We could. But it appears that would be pointless. I don't expect to win an argument with someone who has no backward movement available. You are committed to your story anything you say that contradicts what you've already said will destroy your already damaged credibility.
    That's your story and you're sticking to it.

How's this for a point? I feel like you have unfairly mislead other forum readers and potential driver candidates about Melton. That is my point. Got that?

True and most likely better off now that you're not tearing up their equipment any longer.

All in all, I think CNJRollin's posts since their termination from Melton Truck Lines have been aimed at causing harm to Melton's business and recruitment efforts based on a personal vendetta with no regard for the truth or personal responsibility. Before that happened, all of their posts were positive about the company.

5. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Let's stay away from insulting each other on here. It is not allowed.

Leftlane101 and The Challenger Thank this.
  6. cnjrollin

cnjrollin Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Mesquite, TX
    WindJammer you are absolutely entitled to your opinion -- but my information is based on my actual experience I had while working at Melton -- the good, bad, and ugly. It's all documented within this forum. Users can read the good I have written about Melton, as well as the not so good. I have never stood in the shadows on these issues. I'm obviously going to defend my position, but not at the expense of insulting you.

When credibility and validity are no longer important to you -- it tends to set the tone for your entire debate.

Let me explain:

You mention my termination from Melton and offer-up this "first hand knowledge" point of view -- you refer to "little accidents I got into at Melton" and how I carried multiple pets on the truck -- but isnt it true that you claim to know more than you can backup? Even remotely?

I challenge you to produce some form of detailed information on these "little accidents" (in your opinion) I endured while at Melton. (ie: dates, damage details, or some form of "just evidence" to support your claims.
    If these accidents really took place -- and I "tore up their equipment" what was the damage? When did it occur? What were the circumstances? Can you provide the forum with any piece of evidence at all, concerning these statements? If you have "first hand knowledge", you should have first hand evidence.

You claim I had more than one pet on the truck while I was at Melton -- and you also mentioned that this was somehow "common knowledge around Melton" -- but you then say "there are no secret sources", again you provide no details or offer up any shred of evidence.

You claim to "know me" but you also include the statement "I will never reveal my position" -- You also fail to mention exactly how you know me, you only offer up vague statements that appear to be supported by purported guesses rather than facts.

You have (in your opinion) "provided enough information to cast plenty of doubt on me" -- but yet you are still unable to provide details to support these claims. Which is odd when you say things like "I know you, all of my information is first hand." It just doesnt add up WindJammer, where are the details?

I guess what this forum needs are details from you that only your "first hand knowledge" can provide. Evidence, details, a real first hand account, to support your statements. I don't think this is asking too much? We'll even wait for you to gather your information, as I'm sure it is not likely to surface in the near future.

Everyone be safe out there! -- God bless truckers! God bless America!

7. angel's eye

angel's eye Bobtail Member

May 8, 2008
    York, SC
    i just put schneider behind me and want to know about melton. besides the fact that they go faster then schneider. the speed wasn't the prob it was the oc i ran out of i couldn't see eye to eye with them. and they wouldn't pay me for what i did. so my question is, does melton take care of the driver and do they have to loads to keep them rolling?

8. rikdev50s

rikdev50s Medium Load Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Greer, SC
    I have not had a problem getting paid for what I do. It has been slow, but then it's slow for everyone pulling flats.Right now I am sitting way too much, not really looking for it to pick up any time soon. But we can always hope. I'm still here 'cuz I don't see it any better any place else at this time. That's just how I see things for now...

9. SnoFox

SnoFox Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Maine
    yea i work at melton and its been pretty slow but as stated above its been slow all the way round, when i sit at the truck stops waiting on a load none of the other empty flats are moving either and 9 times outta 10 i do end up leaving bfore them.

I will say im currently looking to get out of trucking all together. With the economy in a slump my paycheck here is litereally half of what it was this time last year and i just cant deal with it. Theres no sense moving companies cuz its gonna be the same, im going back to something 9-5 and a paycheck i can count on i guess :biggrin_25511:

10. slodsm

slodsm Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Tyler TX
    That's the only reason I left. Freight is just sooooo slow right now.

It sucked and I didn't want to leave but I was offered an hourly job with #### good pay and 70 PAID hours a week so I took it. Can't beat 30 hours of O/T a week.

I wish I could still be OTR but I needed to work for money, not for the opportunity to babysit a truck for days on end in a truck stop.

Maybe one day things will clear up, gas will stabilize, and things will start moving in the right direction and I will head back out.

11. c04vette

c04vette Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2008
    tulsa,ok
    Heres the end of the debate on melton from a veteran melton driver that stayed with them till the end...MELTON SUCKS and thats why I QUIT after 7.5 yrs of dealing with them..NO miles, = LOW PAY..Thats why I left..Im now working at lone star and miles went through the roof running 11,846 mls in 27 days at .42 pm now at .44 pm and im in a 379 pete which is a 2007 with all the bells and whistles..Plus my taxes are now lower being taxed in texas rather than oklahoma....

what company u working for now..im an x melton driver

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2008
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.