Menards d.c,'s

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Kyle G., Mar 3, 2016.

1. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Not sure If I should post this here or in the rant section but...

What's with the yard drivers at these places? I have been to a handful of them over the years, and they are all the same. I go to the one in Plano, il pretty often. They have a bunch of young guys who look like they are just out of high school, racing around in their beat up old yard trucks, always hauling ### and sliding around and doing burn outs and such with complete disregard to everyone's safety. They blow through their own stop signs, and pay no attention at all to other trucks that are maneuvering around the property and trying to respect the company's rules.

most yard drivers are impatient a-holes, I am used to that, but the menards clowns have got to be at the top of the list, just completely reckless and obnoxious.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
    Have you ever noticed the sign, "yard drivers have right of way" those stop signs, are to keep you from getting hit. Not for them to stop. And most are just our of high school. I wouldn't try to act like most of us wouldnt be the same in said situation.

ZhenyaP1991 Thanks this.
  4. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    That's why I always wear a safety vest at nighttime in any DC.

5. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    It's a direct result of a few generations of kids raised by kids...no accountability no consequences.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  6. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Of course they have the right of way, as they should, and I always respect that, but that shouldn't rule out simple courtesy and safety. When I worked as a yard driver, I was always in a hurry and I often got annoyed by drivers coming in and getting in the way or parking like idiots, but I still had the decency to stop and wait for them to back in (even the ones that took 20 minutes) and smile and wave to them when I drove by. I guess I am unique in my thinking.

7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Exactly! Everybody wins. Everybody gets a trophy.

trucker3205 and thejackal Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.