Mercer Reefers?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by JLT, Apr 30, 2016.

1. JLT

JLT Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2012
    I know LS has some just didn't know if Mercer had any or any frieght for one other than just van loads?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckin_Texas91411

Truckin_Texas91411 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Texas
    Yes, they have a few running around. Every now & then loads pop up. Certain agents will load them. But, it's a flatbed company.

JLT Thanks this.
  4. JLT

JLT Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Ok thanks

5. Truckin_Texas91411

Truckin_Texas91411 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Texas
    Not a problem. The couple I ran into while I was leased to Mercer were loading the same load as me. Most of the reefer loads I had seen, I was able to pull in a van....watermelons, apples, stuff like that. It wouldn't be worth ur time to drag a reefer here unless the agent up in Washington was willing to use you all the time. To be honest, she runs walmart loads up to Alaska & very few loads out of the western 11. Probably wouldn't be a great idea, but it wouldn't hurt getting ahold of her & seeing if she has stuff moving. You never know. Mercer freight in any kind of box will blow your mind. I still have a flat leased onto Mercer and he moves nonstop. If you have anything else about the box side feel free 2 ask. Best of luck whichever way you go.

6. JLT

JLT Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Mr Texas I really appreciate the info, that's my problem, I have a 2015 Utility Reefer 53' and I don't want to take a whooping if you know what I mean to trade it, I want to come to Mercer because I thinks it's a better co. But LS Has some reefer loads. Sounds like you have more this one truck? Can you make it w/ a driver with a flat leased to them? I would like to do that and become an agent for them.

7. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Actually Mercer has way more van loads now than flatbed loads. Seems like they are embracing the van freight more.

8. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    That's a little misleading. The vans have just about every internet load board van load posted sometimes, the vast majority of them are not valid loads. But that has been explained here and other places a million times. Some of you persist in thinking that. When you have been here longer you may understand. Actually a guy from the Cincy area has several reefer$ running here at mercer, have them put you in touch, you might work something out with him

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the reality is you will not become an agent for mercer. Unlike other companies, mercer protects areas for agents. They won't put a new agency in an area that is in another agents protected zone. This is why we only have a few agents in each state.

10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    If I'm not mistaken, that guy in cinci brought his customers with him. He didn't come to mercer with trucks, reefers and no customers. They brought his fleet on only because he had an established customer base.

11. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    That's why I said he might work something with him

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.