MFJ - 207 Antenna analyzer

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by burnsey, May 13, 2016.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    MFJ 226 is made in Taiwan by Times Technology.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Save your money.

I would do one of two things,

one is find someone with a good Antenna Analyser (AA) who has a few minutes, get a SWR meter and see how far it is off from the AA. Unless you drop it or mess with it after it is "adjusted", it won't be too far off.

two is to just buy a good meter and not fret about it, a higher SWR isn't the world stopper people make it out as.

I wouldn't get into antenna theory when putting in a mobile. simple adjustment and a good check to find out if you have problems with an AA is the first step, keeping it simple makes a difference.

burnsey and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  4. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Burnsey...May as well get a decient anaylzer now cause if you cheap out now you will end up wanting more later..No sence in spending the same $ twice...
    I did things the same way,cheap power/swr meter then i needed more for this then more for that..Same idea when you buy a new house,car,bike ect...Its like the mod fever...

burnsey and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  5. Radio Dr.

Radio Dr. Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Virginia
    MFJ makes very good products, But this analyzer is very broad for just checking the 27 mhz band. I would recommend a MFJ inline watt / swr meter or find a shop with a good digital antenna analyzer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.