MGR Freight Summit Illinois is horrible.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Aditransport, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Aditransport

Aditransport Light Load Member

May 19, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Do not under any circumstance go to work for this company. They will rip you off every chance they get. I made the mistake and I am going to do everything I can to spread the word.

Here is my story.

After working as a Master Technician for a few Ford dealerships for 15 years, I started to feel the physical toll it was having on my body. I decided to get back into trucking as I had 8 years prior experience and decided that it would be an easy transition. Wrong answer. No one wanted to hire me since I did not have any recent experience. I decided to buy my own truck and lease on to someone so I could get some experience. MGR was one of only a couple of companies willing to hire me on. I decided on MGR as they had the best "promises".

First clue should have been when they told me I needed to bobtail to their location to do all the paper work and get signed on. I was told over the phone that they had reefers, vans and flatbeds. So I decided to go ahead and bobtail the 900 plus miles at my expense. When I got there, they informed me that they only had one reefer (that's what I had experience with). So I decided to go with the dry van. I didn't have the money to invest in tarps, straps etc that is required for flatbed. They told me it would be $600 a month to rent a trailer. I was not told that on the phone. Another clue. I decided to go ahead anyway. At this point I really didn't have too many choices. I go to the yard to get the trailer. I looked it over and it looked ok. I signed the inspection sheet and off I went. 3 days later on my pre trip I noticed that one of the inside tires had a bald small bald spot. I took pictures of it and informed the safety department. They said "well, you signed for it and it does not say anything about it on the inspection report". Another clue. About 3 days later I noticed that the bald spot was getting bigger and the steel chords were starting to show. I made sure to check the air pressure and was keeping it at 105 psi. I called them again and asked what I should do. They told me that I needed to replace the tire and the cost would be on me. Another clue. I was furious. I decided to just suck it up as a learning experience and put on a tire. $400 out of my pocket for a trailer that I had less than a week. At that point I decided I needed to get my own trailer. Saved my money and by the end of the second month I bought my own trailer. I turned in their trailer but at that time their mechanic was on vacation so no one inspected it. I knew they were going to charge me something for tire and brake wear. What I did not know was that they charged me $550. They deducted it from my escrow account. At my 3 month mark with them, I told them that I was done with them. They held on to my escrow money for 4 months. Now they will not answer or return my calls.

What can I do about getting my money back from these criminals? That trailer cost me $2200 for 2 months. Who can I turn to for help? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There were other clues as well but I chose not to get into them since this post is long enough already.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Attorney time. Have an attorney send them a letter.

4. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    Your problem is that you speak English. Most companies in the immediate are of the one you signed on with are known for hiring folks to whom English is maybe as high as 3rd on the list of languages they are familiar with.

5. Dump Truckin

Dump Truckin Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Did you put a new tire on the trailer? You shoulda went with a recap or even a decent used tire. You would've saved yourself a couple hundred bucks.

SteeringWheelHolder411 Thanks this.
  6. RickyBobbyVolvo

RickyBobbyVolvo Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2013
    As the cardinal rule "read before u sign " , yes thats an outift owned by a guy or couple of them from the Balkans most of there drivers are also from the Balkans and the English language is pretty rare , the Contract probably states that everything should be returned signs stickers plates etc , also in ur contract is a clause that if u leave before so many months they can hold ur escrow and charge u for the stuff. The trailer is another story 600 $ heck they got u right there unless the box was a newer one ? Was it theres? or a Compass box as always everything is on u just had a friend of mine leave and yes they charged him 2995 bucks for the box, brakes tires werent up to the spec that it had left the Compass property . The thing u should have done taken all cash advances so at least u would have gotten some of ur money back or just toppes of ur tanks believe me some of these outfits will pull stuff ,Schneider ,Swifty , etc look like little kids.

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  7. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Anymore news on these folks?

8. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I live in Chicago. I've talked to these Eastern European trucking companies. A lot of them will take money out of the drivers paychecks for repairs because it's the drivers "fault".

One interview we went to, the owner was showing us the truck we would be assigned. He noticed a drive tire had no tread. He then proceeds to tell us he is going to take it out of the last paycheck of the driver who quit.

We got the F out of there.

9. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    You started your own trucking company since leaving the crooks?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  10. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    I was looking at the Lease Option! I don't have a truck. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    R. Criss Thanks this.
  11. Aditransport

Aditransport Light Load Member

May 19, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Yes I did. Got my own authority. Now I have brokers calling me daily looking for trucks to pull their loads. I have to turn them constantly because I only have the one truck. Been trying to find a driver for it so I can get another one, but good drivers are hard to come by.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.