Mid-western Car Carriers. KC MO

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Ditch Doctor, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Ditch Doctor

Ditch Doctor Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Olathe, KS
    Any info out there on Mid-Western Car Carriers out of Kansas City?

Union?
    pay?
    Good or bad?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Do not think they are union. The last major union carriers are Cassens & Jack Cooper. Which am sure you could get on with if you are in that area.

MWCC's units posted on Central are generally dirt cheap & the insurance to cover their new brokerage agreement(for o/o) is extensive(read as expensive). But that has nothing to do with company drivers.

Someone told me this past winter they thought MWCC was trying out the in cab cameras to monitor their drivers.
    Have no idea if that is true or not. I am doubting it is true, but would ask up front if applying there.

Ditch Doctor Thanks this.
  4. PO Stoner

PO Stoner Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2015
    They're not union. Real good money from what I've heard. If had to guess $125K and up for a company driver. Probably out 2 weeks and off 2 days. They have a lot of Ohio, Indiana and Illinois freight.

5. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    They will be losing some freight out of Normal Illinois when Mitsubishi closes their factory there, as reported on CNBC.

6. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    SeaLand also went union last year, which surprised me, talked to one of there old hands at a TS in Oregon around the first of the year, he didn't sound like he was impressed.

7. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    I think they are the ones who are below the TV towers in KC. They are the go to address for parts when you order from the parts distributor in KC.

8. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    I know this is an old thread, but these guys were on various sites with employment ads over the winter.

Had seen them in the Elwood yard near Chicago last year. So maybe they replaced Mitsubishi with rail freight? Think they stay primarily in the midwest & the south. Though not sure who all they are working with currently. https://www.mwcci.com/

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.