midwest rates

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by tonycr, Apr 13, 2016.

1. tonycr

tonycr Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Can an o/o running reffer from the midwest to the east coast average $ 1.95-$2.20 gor all miles running off load boards?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    In 2014 they could have, 2016 not so much.

tonycr and GoldenLad Thank this.
  4. Max00ls

Max00ls Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Brooklyn NY
    yes, you can average more if you bringing it to NYC,CT or MA.

codyhopkins and tonycr Thank this.
  5. codyhopkins

codyhopkins Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2015
    yeah I get 3$ coming from indy to ny from one cust

tonycr Thanks this.
  6. tonycr

tonycr Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Eagles is paying that rate?

7. codyhopkins

codyhopkins Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2015
    they get the load through a broker and eagle/celadons HQ is only 12 miles from the shipper. I got $2100.00 on 780 miles after eagle took there 25%........trust me I tried running that load every chance I could haha. i pulled it probably 6 times over 5 months doing reefer. I'm back to dry van for the moment thou. i got a dedicated route that gets me home more

8. Night_driver

Night_driver Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You can get 2.00-2.50 going East, and probably 1.00-1.20 going back.

9. cdub304

cdub304 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Rockford,IL
    2-2.50 a mile running east? hummm I was on the load board all day today and never saw that price. What load board are those rates on? I was dat today. Everything I seen was about 1.85 a mile

10. iRookie

iRookie Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    The word(s) you're looking for is NEGOTIATE & DON'T MOVE

Last 2 months we averaged about $4.03/mile from Midwest to east coast on 1 Pick 1 Drop DRY loads and we don't even go to DE, NY or MA. Off Topic but I wanted to share our biggest jackpot was taking a 23k lbs load to Florida from PA for almost $7bux a mile. (And yes... we wasted almost day and a half looking for a good paying load, time well wasted and the word is hustler) "That's faith and the power of positive thinking, don't ever underestimate yourself or show desperation!" Once we arrived in Florida, we still made $3.5/Mile. I ran across 2 owner operators at the Receiver whome I saw at the shipper and asked them if they mind sharing how much they made on the same load.... Well they made $2.10/mile carrying max weight and when I showed them my rate con their reaction was priceless! (Communicate with people in your line of work realtime, that's how you learn and grow people) These open source forums and DAT power type loadboards may help you get by for time being.. But by end of the day these are great tools for the OTHER party!

Now let's get back to the topic Don't be stupid taking $2 or $2.50 Mile loads to east coast (btw we did that for one whole year when we first started out. But we learned quickly by intensive research and experience. There's no right or wrong way, you just have to find the missing puzzle piece that works for you)

Our equipment is paid off and the insurance is paid off in full (You can do that too by not saving money under the pillow and by prioritizing what needs to be taken care of 1st.. No debt = Peace.) .

We stay home majority of the time and play games with broker all day long..... We simply tell the brokers to make us move because life is good at home and not so good on the other side! If you feel they are not going to budge hang up on them before they hangup on you.

One may ask.. If we don't move our truck that often how are we still making a profit or living?

The answer is pretty simple, we are making more profit by being patient and having faith in One God who is in control of everything in existence.

Mathematical Explanation:
    That is by keeping our income at +/-2, 80℅ and liabilities/expenses at +/-2, 20℅.

If you still don't get it, you are better off working in McDonald's "No! I am not being sarcastic".

And if you still can't get it. Please take some time out of your busy schedule and watch this video, it's not relevant at all but it's a start! AND "Good Luck"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ruthless and tonycr Thank this.
  11. Night_driver

Night_driver Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Grand Rapids, MI
    What is your average gross each month?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.