Might want to steer clear of Power Fuels in ND.

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by FRpopsicle, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Winter Storm

Winter Storm Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2015
    The first sign that popped out to me was when they started doing changes to the 401K plan. They used to match a certain amount of the money that you put away with actual money. They have now changed it around to the company match is in stock. The stock is going to end up worthless regardless of anything you are told at the company. Google "NES stock" if you need proof. What it comes down to; they will give you worthless stock as part of their 401k program. This was the first red flag that popped up for me. It was at this moment that I that I decided that not to put all my eggs in one basket and started exploring other options.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironmule

ironmule Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    PNW
    No Match at all now,BIG ZERO!!

4. AC22

AC22 Medium Load Member

May 6, 2010
    Williston, ND
    Man it's keeps getting more and more interesting with these big companies. At some point the oil companies are going to push so hard for cuts that they won't have any of their service providers left standing. Heard some oil companies have their drilling/completion costs down to 6MM in ND. That number was 10MM a few years ago. Where do you think the cost savings are coming from..... trucks is a big one.

5. Winter Storm

Winter Storm Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Iron Mule-I am still friends with a mechanic in the Stanley yard and he told me that also. He also said they took away the bus pay for the guys that ride that greyhound out of Minot out to work in Stanley. Those guys are away from Minot roughly 14 hours but they are only paid for the 12 hours that they made money with the truck and that is if they managed to bill out all of their hours with the truck or they moved enough barrels. A field rep also said that fresh water is DEAD with a capital "D"!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    Highway Hypnosis Thanks this.
  6. wingnut105

wingnut105 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Rowlett, Tx

Many places are still hiring, but at much shorter hours. This cuts out the OT which is where you start really making the money. I was laid off 11/14/14, stayed home for the holidays, began applying after the first of the new year and was hired immediately by a fuel company in Midland. Got out there 02/02 to find out they were limited to 70 hours. In March this changed to 10 hours max per day. 04/03 I received a pink slip. I'm glad I made great money for 3 years, but you're never happy to take the mandatory pay cut that eventually comes from the boom/bust cycle. Good luck.

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  7. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    yeah the frac sand companies are hiring but they have little work,they want to fill their empty trucks but if you are getting paid a percentage and you sit most of the time you won't make any money,,I was in texas this week spoke with drivers from several companies and all said they were getting only a couple days a week and earning $300 to maybe $500 a week,,,

8. oilfield driver j

oilfield driver j Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2015
    They are losing tons of money. They are auctioning trucks in may at rb auctions in williston.

9. Highway Hypnosis

Highway Hypnosis Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Minot, ND
    Going in Monday to file for unemployment/underemployment after 5 days of being told "not to come into work today." No one is laid off.. no one has been asked to resign.. no company meetings to discuss the current state of business; just being strung along with ambiguous answers to my questions. I believe this tactic is being used in efforts to get drivers to quit and avoid having to pay out unemployment.

10. bighog85

bighog85 Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Daphne, AL
    I was with them in Dickinson for a year and a half until last August and I can easily say that I have NEVER seen a more mismanaged company in my life. Everything that has been said in this thread is absolutely true, it actually makes me depressed to think about because it is like I am back there. I got out of there to come down to Texas to haul crude and it was the best decision I've ever made. Warm weather, consistent work, life is good. I've got friends still in Dickinson and they are completely dead, no work at all other that a random dirty vac job here and there. Good riddance. Just an example of how corrupt they are. During orientation they talk about how the top paid driver in the company makes something like $170K. What they don't mention is that she just happens to be the Dickinson district managers wife! Words cannot express how terrible this guy is and then when you know his wife is making three times what most other people there make doing half the work it just makes it to much. It is also true that they look for ANY reason to take your bonus. I lost one of mine because one of the safety guys didn't like my attitude. I hadn't done anything wrong, he just didn't like that I barked at him a bit so he wrote up a big thing and I lost a couple thousand dollars because of it. I feel bad for anyone still with them. Even if the work was there it is just not a good place to work.

pathfinder1361 and gdyupgal Thank this.
  11. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    I have worked oil from corpus to tioga and everywhere in between and have never found a bigger bunch of crooks then ND

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.